Senior Associate - Payroll services - Birmingham
|Job Title:||Senior Associate - Payroll services - Birmingham|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 16:34|
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with an opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
General Overview of the position
Seeking experienced, highly motivated professionals with strong analytic skills and organisational skills. The candidate will be client facing and must have strong written and verbal communication skills. They will need to be driven and be passionate about providing a high level of service.
The candidate will be helping to manage compensation and data flows for monthly and quarterly payrolls for International Modified Payroll & UK Payroll schemes; dealing with payroll related queries from clients, internal teams and third parties. This would also involve liaising with our outsourcing teams and ensuring all details are processed correctly. In addition to regular monthly and quarterly activities, this will be a largely client facing role – working with our Markets team to support clients with their compensation management and payroll requirements and consulting on “best practice” in this area.
An ideal candidate would also require an excellent technological mindset – underpinning the above with our new technology platform. As this is currently being created, we are ideally looking for someone who can help shape the new platform so that it meets our clients’ needs. Someone with a curious and innovative mindset would be an advantage.
PwC pride ourselves on excellent customer service while ensuring the compensation data is managed effectively and the payroll is fully compliant, therefore attention to detail and right first time attitude is a must.
Main duties and responsibilities to include
● End to end compensation management, payroll processing and data analytics and an involvement in all components
● At the heart of the above, ensuring that our payroll processing team provide correct delivery of payroll output, This would include ultimate submission of RTI to HMRC, EYU’s, Pension Uploads
● Understanding the taxability of pay components prior to set up for international assignees and domestic employees. This will support how compensation is collated and analysed.
● Ad-hoc compensation management and payroll advice both internally and externally to clients and internal teams
● Transition and onboard new clients and produce process documents, underpinned by new technology
● Ensure compensation and data management and payrolls are accurate and up to date
● Adhere to all agreed timeframes and cut off dates
● Communications with third parties dealing with relevant compensation and payroll queries
● Year end process management to meet tight deadlines
● Help manage and plan the transition of current payrolls to the Global compensation and Payroll Services (GCPS) Practice
● Supporting the management team to ensure all projects are undertaken and completed on time
● Analysing time spent on Chargeable codes and identifying process efficiencies and improvements
● Training and development of the team including payroll legislation updates, system changes and payroll efficiencies
● Be a key member of the team to ensuring all deadlines are met within the agreed SLA’s
● A Proactive approach, open to change and developing new ways of working
● Should be a Team player but also able to work on your own allocation
● Build and maintain relationships with client and key personnel
● Timely, efficient communication should be a priority
● Involvement in BD projects and proposals
● Ensure best practice is at the forefront and excellent client satisfaction is achieved
● Supporting the team in absences
● Providing support to peers and management
● Help develop GCPS to provide clients with a full start to finish compensation and payroll management service
● Significant background / experience in a payroll or compensation management function
● Experience of working in a client facing environment
● Excellent end to end payroll or compensation management knowledge
● Ability to work under pressure
● Preferably CIPP qualified
● Strong PowerPoint skills, excel and word skills
● Excellent excel skills
● Modified/expat payroll knowledge
● s690 knowledge
● Appendix 5 knowledge
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Able to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines
● Able to manage the demands of numerous tasks
● Able to work on own initiative and within a team environment
● Self-motivated and able to motivate others
● Diplomatic when faced with issues
● Attention to detail
Other Job Requirements
● Willing to undertake further training to fulfill the requirements of the role
● Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role
● May be required to travel on company business ad-hoc basis
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's