12 days ago
Senior Associates - Deals-Transaction Services-Valuations MVD
Qualification Specification: If you are on an exam pathway you will be required in all cases to have passed all your exams up until the last exam the business case as a minimum. On application you will be in a position of either, taking, about to take or passed your final exam.
About the team
The Market Value Direct team is part of the Valuations practice. It provides financial instrument valuation services internally within PwC as well as dealing directly with clients. The MVD team values financial instruments from liquid traded shares and bonds through to complicated derivatives. The team has grown significantly over the past 12 months and is forecast to continue to grow, both in size and new areas of work.
About the role
You will be a Senior Associate within the London based team but working with other offices in the UK and elsewhere in the central cluster. It will offer the opportunity to work in a fast paced business alongside a team which has grown significantly over the past 12 months and is forecast to continue to grow, both in size and new areas of work.
Primarily reporting into the managers in the team, you will be working closely with the team, focusing on delivering project to clients, either internal to the firm or externally. The role will also involve helping with various business development activities such as pitching to new clients and developing our strategy and proposition.
The role offers you the opportunity to learn a broad range of financial risk and valuation management skills and further develop your own attributes. You will have a high degree of autonomy, using their organisational ability and initiative in completion of tasks.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide Audit support in relation to testing clients financial instrument valuations, in our global network across a wide range of instrument types
• Work on other consulting projects that may require travelling in the UK or abroad.
• Manage and liaise with an offshore work team in Poland
• Assist in areas of business development, practice development and strategy – due to the high growth nature of Market Value Direct this will be a key component of the role
Essential skills and experience
Key skills required:
• Be highly numerate and analytical with strong attention to detail
• Have a background in financial instruments valuations (including exotic derivatives)
• Well organised and able to prioritise workload
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Ability to manage and liaise with other team members based in other geographical locations
• Programming skills
• Experience in model governance
• Knowledge of model validation
• Experience in regulatory reform relevant to valuations
Who we’re looking for
We need a good, dynamic, strong SA to support the team across a broad set of activities supporting our clients in valuations of financial instruments.
Role Closing Date: 20th June 2019