6 days ago
A career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
About the team
Following success in the marketplace and a number of high profile moves into the region from key clients, we are looking to grow our financial services team in the Midlands. This opportunity is to join our financial services team located in Milton Keynes, where you’ll have the opportunity to work on brand defining clients across both the banking and insurance sectors, making PwC in the Midlands an excellent place to build a financial services career. The local FS market is growing so offers excellent opportunities for personal growth and development at an exciting time of change in the industry.
We are looking for individuals to join the team with experience in either banking/insurance financial audit, or large corporate audit. Experience of auditing in a PCAOB environment is preferred for those looking to specialise in banking.
There are requirements to be personally independent of the key clients of the office in order to work on these engagements.
In this position you will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working with high profile clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and offshore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference.
About the role
The role will incorporate
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- We are able to offer some flexibility in the role around those of the other Senior Managers on the team and can ensure that the role is suitable to your particular strengths.
As a Senior Manager within the Milton Keynes office you'd be required to
- Be ACA or similarly qualified
- Have industry experience within Financial Services, Insurance or Banking; or large corporate audit experience
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
Location: Milton Keynes
Role closing date: 18th of June, 2019