Senior Manager - Buy Side Valuations Specialist - London
|Job Title:||Senior Manager - Buy Side Valuations Specialist - London|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 19:03|
About the team
Are you experienced in the valuation, model governance or risk management of financial instruments? We have an excellent opportunity for you to join our team - the firm’s financial instruments valuation and advisory team.
Part of the Valuations practice, the team provides financial instrument valuation and valuation governance advisory services to the firm’s clients as well as valuation services internally. We value instruments from liquid traded shares and bonds through to complex derivatives along with the related valuation adjustments. The team also engages in valuation and model governance projects for a broad spectrum of clients from corporates to asset managers and investment banks.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our team based in London.
Leading the business in taking our financial instruments expertise to buy side clients.
Supporting in areas of business development, practice development and strategy - due to the high growth nature of the business this will be a key component of the role.
Providing expert assistance for the team’s testing of clients’ financial instrument valuations, across a wide range of instrument types and product classes, including valuation adjustments.
Leveraging our internal valuation technology to provide quality services to our clients.
Helping our clients with regulatory reform challenges e.g. Valuation Uncertainty, Libor Reform.
We envisage some travel to client site, project depending.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous buy side experience within the financial instrument practice of asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds or insurers.
- Experience in financial instrument valuations.
- Supporting senior team to identify business opportunities and initiate sales.
- Strong people management and client relationship skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail but tempered with an ability to think laterally.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a clear and articulate way to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple assignments, prioritise workloads and work under time pressure.
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a focus on delivering business value.
- Project Management skills.
- Willing to learn and conscientious of continuous personal development.
- At least an undergraduate degree.
- Experience in model governance.
- Knowledge of model validation.
- Experience in regulatory reform relevant to valuations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Associates External Audit London
Restructuring Manager / Senior Manager
60000 - 90000 plus benefits plus bonus
Expatriate Tax Senior Manager
Senior Manager - Pensions Assurance
Audit Senior Manager - Insurance