5 days ago
The London Region Assurance (LRA) team are looking for exceptional Managers to join our team. You'll have strong technical knowledge, demonstrated strong leadership skills and have a proven track record in building and sustaining client and team relationships. You’ll be able to operate with diverse teams and be able to work in and adapt to changing environments and circumstances. You should be ACA qualified (or equivalent), have experience of leading assurance engagements from start to finish, and be used to working to tight deadlines and handling pressure.
As part of the assurance team you'll work mainly on audit engagements, however, there are increasing opportunities to get involved with other assurance projects such as internal audit, commercial risk and performance assurance to give you a greater breadth of experience.
As an Audit Managers you'll play a vital role in the delivery of high quality audits to our clients. Your role will include:
• A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
• Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner and Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
• Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
• Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met
• Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
• Being a key contact throughout the year for our clients who range from FTSE listed businesses through to owner managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
• Build strong relationships with other specialist teams within PwC to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients.
• Actively taking part in office wide initiatives and teams, contributing to a strong overall team morale and impact
- ACA or equivalent qualification and solid post qualification experience
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage)A passion for delivering exceptional client service
- Proven ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completing on a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience of developing teams through coaching
- Strong project management and organisational skill.
- Strong team-working skills
- An ability to innovate and add value to clients and projects
- Demonstrated continual personal development in both technical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate professional scepticism Proven track record of compliance with quality standards and an ability to balance an efficient and compliant audit
- An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
- A proven ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face
- Ability to work to tight timelines and manage well under pressure
- Be able to work flexibly in relation to locations and alongside flexible working colleagues
- Experience of fee negotiations and negotiating scope changes with clients
Our PwC assurance business is leading in the market place, constantly developing new and innovative ways of working to evolve our working practices, making them more efficient and innovative with a focus on the client experience. We invest heavily in our clients, people and technology.
Role closing date: 11th of June, 2019