ARQ SA3 / Manager – Investigations Focus
|Job Title:||ARQ SA3 / Manager – Investigations Focus|
|Location:||Birmingham, Edinburgh, London|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 18:57|
Assurance Risk & Quality (ARQ) is seeking high performing individuals to join our team on secondment with roles in our Other Assurance Services (Non-audit) team available in Birmingham, Edinburgh or London, focusing on Technology related propositions and projects.
OAS R&Q is a National team, working out of 3 hubs in London, Birmingham and Edinburgh. OAS R&Q advises client facing teams on the risks associated with development and delivery of technology related propositions, services and products, and undertakes internal projects to drive change and innovation in the management of risk across the UK Assurance practice.
Over the next few years, growth in Assurance will be driven by Other Assurance services, with a keen focus on development of technology focused propositions (e.g. Cyber Security, Data & Analytics, Technology Risk, Treasury and Commodities) and technology enabling more traditional propositions (e.g. Internal Audit/GRC, Commercial Assurance). Alongside this, the rollout of Tech for All training to the wider Assurance practice, creation of the Ideas Refinery and development of products across the whole of Assurance meant that the need for SME input and advice related to technology associated risk has never been greater. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team as we support the growing Other Assurance business within Assurance.
The individual will work as a key part of the team with a broad range of activities and responsibilities which will include contact with both partners and staff of all grades across Assurance, with exposure to a wide variety of industry sectors, as well as other parts of the firm including Independence, Compliance, the Office of General Counsel, xLoS R&Q teams, Network Information Security, Information Technology, UK Tax and other IFS functions.
The role will entail supporting the R&Q Partner, Chris Taylor, and OAS Directors to provide consistent, accurate and timely advice to client facing teams operating in the Other Assurance space within Assurance, with a particular focus on technology. Experience in undertaking delivery of technology related services within Other Assurance Services is desired, but is not essential.
The individual will operate flexibly as a member of the team so that the peaks and troughs in workload and differing priorities can be addressed effectively.
You will have:
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage and deliver multiple tasks and projects, even when under pressure, and be open to working in a changing environment and with others based across the UK (i.e. not necessarily in your office location)
- Strong change management skills including behavioural and cultural change
- Effective oral and written communication with the ability to provide well-reasoned and self-assured responses, even when challenged
- Ability to work as part of a team, whether with your R&Q colleagues or the practice
- An interest in technology and other new and developing areas across Other Assurance and an appetite to work with those parts of the business to embed risk and quality without stifling innovation
- Empathy with the pressures and motivations of client facing colleagues and an ability to win their support with pragmatic proposals/solutions without compromising on quality
- Strong intellectual and technical skills with the desire to seek new learning opportunities to stay technical and relevant
You will be aligned to one or more of the national Other Assurance propositions such as Cyber Security, Data & Analytics or Treasury, and will perform an active role advising and supporting proposition leadership in managing the risk related to the delivery of services to clients and the development of new services or products. This will involve gaining an in-depth understanding of the proposition, any relevant regulations and the needs of teams in order to better support them with risk and quality matters.
Responsibilities may include:
Panels / Bid Reviews – you will be actively involved in advising teams on the risks related to proposed work at Bid Reviews and at client and engagement acceptance panels.
Helpline - as part of the role, you will serve as a key contact within the OAS R&Q team for client facing team members with R&Q related queries, issues or concerns, including working as a helpline consultant responding to a broad range of Other Assurance risk management matters.
In-flight reviews – involvement and management of a new in-flight review programme, including directly reporting into Directors or Partners within ARQ and the wider business
Technology – Advise teams in relation to the risks associated with their use of technology to provide solutions to clients e.g. cloud applications, data analytics tools, tech enabling existing propositions, use of emerging and disruptive technology.
Policies / Methodology – Directly contribute to and influence the development of new or revision of existing policies and methodology
Training – Identify the R&Q training needs of the Other Assurance population and work with L&D to develop timely solutions that can be rolled out to the practice.
Communications – work to provide timely and relevant guidance to teams in via a number of mechanisms
New services and acquisitions – provide support for teams who are proposing to launch new services or make acquisitions and liaise with Compliance and the Office of General Council where necessary.
Independence – Work closely with Independence in advising teams on what is and what is not permissible for EU PIEs and SEC Registrants
Achieving Efficiencies – Lead the development of methodology, templates, map and/or Aura workplans, as well as other guides or tools to make on-boarding and delivery of work more efficient and of higher quality.
Quality Management of Service Excellence (QMSE) – work as part of a team documenting and testing the quality management processes and controls that exist across Other Assurance, for example, in respect of client and engagement acceptance, delivery and documentation and review and consultation
- Previously held a client facing role, preferably within Assurance
- Ability to communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels of staff, including at the most senior levels
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- An ability to take the initiative but keep others informed of progress and escalating issues where appropriate
- Strong reporting skills including development of templates and reviewing draft reports
- Clear understanding of commercial, delivery and regulatory risks faced by the business
- Ability to “make the case for quality” effectively to client–facing partners and staff, while remaining sympathetic to their pressures and deadlines
- Intellectual capacity to analyse complex issues, use multiple sources of information to develop solutions and provide pragmatic recommendations
- Ability to analyse documents, including regulatory and legislative materials, to be able to give accurate and practical advice
- Ability to analyse information, identify themes and share knowledge with Assurance leadership and the business
- Some contracting experience and other R&Q matters (not essential) or interest in contractual/R&Q matters
- Experience of managing a team would be an advantage
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's