5 days ago
About our team
We are a small yet rapidly growing team of about 30 people, sitting in PwC’s wider Banking and Capital Markets (B&CM) business.
We assist a wide range of clients, from those considering securitisations or structured finance transactions for the first time, through to experienced repeat issuers. The work we do includes:
- Transactions work across different due diligence work streams, liaise closely with our client, their legal advisers and the lead managers on the transaction;
- Audit - understand complex structures, assess the required level of audit evidence and manage a team on a day-to-day basis to deliver audit work on asset-backed finance companies;
- Accounting advice - assess the impact a proposed structure has on the accounting from the perspective of the seller and the acquirer;
- Advisory - help to scope our work to address specific client issues or concerns, leveraging the knowledge of the team and the wider firm
B&CM’s clients include some of the most prestigious companies in the UK & international banking sector. As one of PwC’s largest and most profitable businesses, we consist of over 650 professionals and are based in PwC’s More London office, an award-winning building overlooking the iconic Tower Bridge and Tower of London.
Our people are exposed to a wealth of career opportunities, including overseas secondments. We have a busy social and sports calendar, as well as lots of opportunities to get involved in ongoing community and charitable initiatives.
Who we're looking for
Are you a qualified accountant who has recent experience in auditing?
Do you also have experience or a keen interest in structured finance or deals related work?
We’re looking for Senior Associates to join our Structured Finance team.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive audit, consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. You’ll work on audits associated with asset-backed structured finance transactions and ad hoc, transaction-related due diligence, accounting and advisory assignments.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
•You will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of your team’s work
•Train and lead staff
•Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
•Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
•Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues, including but not limited to the Structured Finance industry.
•Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
•Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of your team’s work, as well as supervising and coaching graduates in your team.
- ACA or ACCA or equivalent CA qualification
- Experience in auditing companies
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines
- Keen interest in Financial Services (FS) and FS audit experience
- Strong excel skills, desirable
- Experience in structured finance or deals related work
Role closing date: 7th of May, 2019