9 days ago
Senior Associates Assurance External Audit CIPS Bristol
Our team in West and Wales have over 1000 employees working in Bristol and Cardiff. You’ll work with a diverse range of clients at local, national and global level which is great way to develop your career. Our region is an important part of the UK economy, with some of the UK’s most successful companies being represented here – we also have an active base of smaller businesses who thrive under an entrepreneurial spirit. We have a great team spirit and you’ll be invited to take part in many social activities as work in the local community too. You’ll feel right at home.
In this position you will have a role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. You will gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit, internal audit and financial due diligence. In addition you will also be involved with training, managing and appraising staff.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach.
Our Assurance services, including external and internal audit, use the latest technology and off-shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
About the role
As a senior associate within the West & Wales practice you will
- Provide audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality clients service
- Report directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
- Have supervisory responsibility for teams of up to 10 people
- Coach and train other staff
- Some assignments may require travel and staying away from home.
- ACA qualification
- Experience in auditing large organisations
- US GAAP and/or UK GAAP experience
- Demonstrated team player
- Proven track record of establishing client relationships
- Ability to work to work on your own initiative