8 days ago
PwC’s Technology Risk team in the North is looking for a strong Senior Associate (pre-Manager grade) to help us develop
and deliver high quality technology engagements to a wide range of clients. This role provides an outstanding opportunity
for an individual with experience in IT risk management, IT disaster recovery, cyber security, IT Management (based on ITIL
service management practices), project management, IT infrastructure and architecture to join a growing team and gain
exposure to a dynamic mix of client assignments
you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients understand and challenge the extent to which their
technology is resilient to the threat of unexpected disaster events or failures, as well as assessing their IT risk management
capabilities across a range of activities, including project management, infrastructure, service delivery and security.
The role will primarily be to support the Risk Assurance team within the region but may also enable you to work on
assurance and consulting projects outside of the region. The role will include the following:
- Being part of a team that performs services including IT risk reviews, programme/project assurance, third party assurance, IT operational, security and data reviews.
- Junior managing fieldwork for engagements and supporting more senior team members in more specialist areas
- Building client relationships through engagement delivery, identifying opportunities to help clients resolve their challenges, and supporting the engagement sales process
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- You will receive appropriate training for the engagements that you will undertake and coaching on engagements, although it is anticipated that you will be in a position to coach junior team members in these areas without requiring significant coaching yourself.
For the right individual, the role provides an outstanding opportunity to progress, develop and be rewarded for
achievement as part of a successful and growing part of the PwC business.
The following skills are required for this role:
Previous relevant on the job experience (essential).
A passion for technology and projects.
Experience gained in a client facing environment.
Strong analytical and project management skills.
The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
The ability to assess IT risk and suggest pragmatic risk mitigation activities for a range of industries.
Experienced in developing junior staff.
Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports.
Gained or be working towards your CA/ACA, CIA or CISA, PRINCE II, CISSP.
Knowledge of risk and regulatory frameworks for IT (ITIL, CobiT, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc).
Experience around business continuity and disaster recovery.
Experience of working with regulated FS clients on IT reviews.
Experience of working on IT resilience, disaster recovery or critical system monitoring projects.
Strong business acumen – Ability to consider broader business and industry issues or impacts when analysing issues or advising clients.
Strong project management and organisational skills; detail-oriented and ability to multitask.
Opportunity for working from home? (No)
Amount of time client based (70%)
Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes 20%)
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
Amount of time PwC office based (30%)