8 days ago
Our Insurance & Asset and Wealth Management (I & AWM) Controls Assurance team forms an integral part of our Financial
Services (FS) audit practice. As the global FS environment continues to face significant technology and regulatory shifts we partner with our clients to assure and improve their system of internal controls, information systems and business processes.
Our team works closely together with teams leading our other service offerings including our global teams to provide an integrated solution to our clients.
We work with more leading FS firms in the UK and globally than our competitors and are the UK market leaders for Controls
Assurance in the FS sector. Our team is led from our More London office with the majority of our clients being based in London and if it suits your personal needs there are also many opportunities to travel. Increasing demand from our clients for our ever increasing range of services, provides us with the opportunity to grow our team and support clear career development for our professionals.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for Senior Associates who are skilled in providing IT controls assurance, risk evaluation, project governance and other relevant services who want to be part of an dynamic team. You will work on a variety of External Audit, Third Party Assurance, Internal Audit and other large scale often one off innovative Technology Assurance engagements. As part of these projects our Senior Associates are responsible for:
- Working with Partners, Directors and Senior Managers in managing relationships and work streams on our clients’ IT assurance projects;
- Identifying and addressing client needs including leading client discussions and meetings;
- Maintaining client relationships at the Senior Management and Governance levels• Supervising and reviewing detailed fieldwork - Understand, evaluate and test the design and operating effectiveness of automated procedures and IT internal control systems, offering recommendations for any weaknesses noted to help improve our
- Delegating appropriate work to junior members of staff and review their work in a structured format including, on-the-job training and coaching to junior members of our team; and
- Proactively contributing to the growth of our practice, reporting to Partners, Directors and Senior Managers on business development including pitching for new work, bringing new insights and value to our clients, account management, solution development, team development and other new departmental initiatives.
- University degree - Computer Science or Accounting & Business Administration degree, or similar
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational application systems and related business processes
- Experience in auditing IT systems of insurance, asset and wealth managers or other financial services firms under ISAs, SOX and/or performance assurance standards, e.g. ISAE3402, SSAE18 and/or AAF 01/06
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organisations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
- Leadership qualities
- ACA and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent