8 days ago
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
In the North, our clients include listed companies and private-equity-backed groups as well as mid-sized, owner-managed businesses. You'll be part of a team providing recurring compliance services, and will also be involved in advisory, portfolio structuring and project-based work.
Expect to manage your own portfolio of clients, taking an active role in their financial management and establishing effective working relationships with their staff. Clients will look to you to advise them on changes in the law and to be aware of business and economic issues that impact on them. You'll also ensure they are up to date with new products and services from PwC that may benefit them.
Who we're looking for
You have a strong interest in corporate tax and are willing to take on new and challenging work.
Essential skills and experience
Qualified ACA / CTA (or equivalent)
Strong academic background
Commitment to enhancing technical and other knowledge and skills
Excellent team-working skills
Good communication skills
Good organisational and people skills
Desirable skills and experience
Experience of corporate tax in an accountancy or legal firm