Controls Senior Manager - Banking & Captial Markets
|Job Title:||Controls Senior Manager - Banking & Captial Markets|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 17:42|
What we are looking for:We are looking for people to join the Banking & Capital Markets Controls Assurance team based in London. With increasing focus on processes, internal controls, data and technology, our audits are moving increasingly towards more controls, data and technology based audits. This is an opportunity for someone to join the B&CM Controls Assurance team to further develop their skills with respects to processes, internal controls, data and technology. Potential candidates are those persons that are intellectually agile and have previous experience with banking business process and manual control experiences but no previous IT background is necessary.
We are looking bringing your valuable core assurance skills as well as investing in training you with the new skills to assist in leading and delivering our wide portfolio of jobs. Some of the key areas where we have immediate needs are non-audit controls reports, global shared-service centre engagements as well as traditional automated controls work. Candidates will also have gain exposure to working on emerging technology subjects such as Cyber, Cloud and Robotics (artificial intelligence).
Job Description:We are looking for Senior Managers who are skilled in providing controls assurance, risk evaluation, project governance and other relevant services who want to be part of an ever expanding team. You will work on a variety of External Audit, Third Party Assurance and other large scale often one off innovative Assurance engagements. As part of these projects our Managers are responsible for:
- Working with Partners, Directors, Managers and Senior Associates in managing relationships and work streams on our clients;
- Identifying and addressing client needs including leading client discussions and meetings;
- Maintaining client relationships;
- Conducting and reviewing detailed fieldwork - Understand, evaluate and test the design and operating effectiveness of accounting and internal control systems, offering recommendations for any weaknesses noted to help improve our clients;
- Delegating appropriate work to junior members of staff and review their work in a structured format including, on-the-job training and coaching to junior members of our team; and
- Proactively contributing to the growth of our practice, reporting to Partners and Directors on business development including pitching for new work, bringing new insights and value to our clients, account management, solution development, team development and other new departmental initiatives.
About usOur Controls Assurance team forms an integral part of our Banking & Capital Markets practice. As the global banking environment continues to face significant shifts in the regulatory environment we partner with our clients to manage and improve their system of internal controls, information systems and business processes. Our team works closely together with teams leading our other service offerings including our global teams to provide an integrated solution to our clients.
We work with more Tier 1 banks in the UK and globally than our competitors and are the UK market leaders for Controls Assurance in the banking sector. Our team is led from our More London office with the majority of our clients being based in London and if it suits your personal needs there are also many opportunities to travel. Increasing demand from our clients for our ever increasing range of services, provides us with the opportunity to grow our team and support clear career development for our professionals.
- Prior experience in a Big 4 firm in an Audit, Internal Audit, Technology Audit or Controls capacity
- Experience in evaluating technology that supports financial & operational application systems and related business processes
- Experience in managing junior colleagues and an interest in developing others
- Experience in working in complex environments with large organisations
- Strong time management skills, including flexibility to work with shifting priorities and client needs
- Project management and analytical skills
- Client relationship-building and management skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and report writing skills
- Leadership qualities
- Computer Science or Accounting & Business Administration degree, or similar
- ACA and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) qualification, or equivalent
- Experience in auditing IT systems of banks or other financial services firms
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's