7 days ago
Technology is at the heart of our client’s business and the risks associated with technology feature heavily in the concerns of executive leadership and regulators alike. Many of our clients are grappling with the challenge of addressing significant technology debt, while leveraging technology and digitally led solutions as part of their growth strategy. Clients are adopting cloud-based solutions; exploring the opportunities of emerging technology; and are looking to new levels of automation with RPA transitioning from proof of concept to enterprise scaling.
Consequently, as firms increasingly rely on technology to deliver their core services, the regulator is raising the bar on their expectations as to how authorised firms manage their technology risks, including cyber, leading to an unprecedented demand for PwC’s services.
In PwC’s Technology & Digital Risk team, you will work with a successful team focused on solving some of our client’s most complex challenges. There is no such thing as a typical day. Engagements vary from short and sharp, through to in depth implementation of frameworks or methodologies, as well as on-going assessments of key technology controls. We are often mobilised to support engagements as part of a regulatory intervention following an incident or significant interruption to service. You will play a key role in the delivery of a varied portfolio of engagements, across a broad spectrum of technology and digital risk engagements. You will need to bring a level of technical experience combined with the ability to translate technical issues into meaningful business language.
You will contribute to growing our business through excelling in delivery and developing enduring relationships with your clients.
The role will primarily be to support the engagements in Central and Greater London although opportunities to support projects further afield do arise.
The role will include the following:
- Leading engagements across the technology risk domains including;
- Risk reviews of applications and infrastructure;
- Assessing risks associated with third parties;
- Programme/project assurance over large scale change programmes;
- Design, development and testing of technology control universes;
- Operational technology process design and review; and,
- Security and data reviews focused on controls and governance.
- Coaching more junior colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation
- Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information
Our ideal candidate would have a track record of exceptional delivery supported by a pragmatic and inquisitive mind set and a back ground in professional services. They need experience within a client-facing environment and have proven relationship development skills, able to quickly establish rapport with technology leadership.
- Strong background and practical experiences in technology governance, controls testing and assurance in a financial services environment.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to present complex technical issues in a business context.
- Proven ability to think critically and solve client problems.
- Experienced in project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities.
- CISA and/or CISM qualified or other relevant professional accreditations.
- Familiar with ITIL and ideally hold some level of certification.
- Experience of advising or being a part of a technology team.
- Involvement in a component of a technology led change programme or providing advisory services to a change programme.
- Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends in FS.
- Good understanding of common business processes within FS