3 days ago
Technology has moved from being an enabler of business processes to becoming a key factor in long term business strategy. Clients are adopting cloud-based solutions; replacing monolithic ERP systems with vertically integrated best in class applications; exploring the opportunities of emerging technology; and are looking to new levels of automation with RPA transitioning from proof of concept to enterprise scaling.
In Technology Risk, you will work with a successful team of Technology Risk specialists, providing expert technical advice, guidance and support on technology risk projects to a range of clients. You will also contribute to growing our business by helping to bring in work from existing and new clients.
You will take a key role in delivery across a broad spectrum of IT Risk engagements, working with clients to leverage technical experience combined with consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations.
The role will primarily be to support the Risk Assurance team within the region, but may also enable you to work on assurance and consulting projects outside of the region.
The role will include the following
Being part of a team that performs services including IT risk reviews, programme/project assurance, third party assurance, IT operational, security and data reviews.
Junior managing fieldwork for engagements and supporting more senior team members in more specialist areas
Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
Performing reviews over clients’ IT systems, controls, processes or programmes, identifying risks and issues and developing pragmatic recommendations.
Coaching more junior colleagues to provide advisory services ranging from strategy to functional transformation;
Providing insight to clients related to the integrity of their control environment, the efficiency of processes and the insightfulness of management information.
Exposure to current thinking in business technology, technology governance and risk management;
Assisting the wider team in developing opportunities with new and prospective clients through consultation and by designing innovative assurance activities that address their business needs.
About the team
With a rapidly growing, dynamic marketplace, more than 500 clients and some 600 partners and staff in the region, the Midlands Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through to major public sector organisations, FTSE100 members and large global businesses.
You will take a leading role in the delivery of IT Operations services and will grow our footprint in the Midlands market by developing new services and generating new opportunities. You’ll bring proven technical experience combined with project/programme management, business process and consultancy skills to enable insightful and value-adding conversations with clients.
The Midlands Practice consists of 3 networked offices in Birmingham, the East Midlands (located next to East Midlands Airport) and Milton Keynes. The role can be based in our East Midlands, Birmingham or Milton Keynes office to suit you and will require some travel to cover the Midlands region, and potentially to support national regions.
Our ideal candidate would have:
• Experience within a client-facing IT environment, or would have previous experience of delivering IT risk advisory work to IT function
• Technical IT background and practical experiences
• Project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities
• Understanding of Prince2 or Agile processes; or CIMA qualified; and/or IIA or CISA qualified
• Understanding of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and GRC system knowledge
• ITIL experience
• Experience of being a part of IT functions, IT change programmes or advising clients how to improve their IT operations
• Awareness of current/emerging market technology trends
• Excellent understanding of standard programme management methods
• Good understanding of common business processes
• A passion for technology and projects
• The ability to assess IT risk and suggest pragmatic risk mitigation activities for a range of industries
• Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports
This role can be based at either the Birmingham, East Midlands or Milton Keynes offices.