19 days ago
This role will see you working on a variety of challenging, career-advancing risk, controls and non-audit assurance assignments. You will work with a wide range of asset and wealth management clients, from boutique asset managers to world-leading organisations. You’ll be constantly learning and your ideas will be welcomed in an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork. In your role you will help grow the business, whilst working with Senior Managers and Directors to supervise and coach teams.
This requires an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders. In particular, the ability to gain a detailed understanding of our client’s customer requirements and apply this to non-financial assurance standards.
We bring the right mix of assurance experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialised skill sets to bear on a client’s risk and control, compliance and reporting functions. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused results. We provide a full range of assurance services which include pre-assurance assessments and reporting to such standards such as ISAE3000, ISAE3402, AAF and SOC2 as well as assignments of a more consultative nature.
Trust and transparency alongside the corresponding risk, governance and internal control have never been higher on the boardroom agenda as it faces growing pressure from stakeholders. Performance Assurance plays a critical role in the corporate governance framework by providing independent assurance that protects the business against risk, informs strategic decision making and improves overall performance.
- Understanding complex client processes to provide advice and help develop non-audit assurance solutions to meet client needs and issues.
- Planning and delivering non-financial assurance assignments and other similar reviews of a diverse range of governance, risk, regulatory, operational and financial activities, within set deadlines.
- Working with and managing expectations of client stakeholders across a number of functions within our clients
- Managing project teams to deliver solutions including scoping, testing, and reporting to provide the required level of transparency and confidence to key stakeholders.
- Actively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above. Developing and supporting new opportunities, identifying and developing opportunities within risk advisory / non-audit assurance.
- Taking a role in leading and coaching junior staff.
- Building effective working relationships with clients.
- Controls Reporting Provide independent assurance on clients’ internal & outsourced controls.
- Building a network of industry contacts through attending external industry events and PwC hosted events.
- Conducting work in accordance with the relevant standard and PWC’s Quality Assurance standards.
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CSR) Provide internal and external stakeholders with comfort over a client’s corporate responsibility and sustainability measures
- Regulatory Assurance Work with clients to help them report with confidence to stakeholders on their compliance
- Experience in a similar role within financial services or professional services a passion for Governance, Risk & Control and Performance Assurance.
- Experience gained in Non- financial assurance along with experience in relevant assurance standards to include ISAE3000, 3402, AAF and SOC2.
- Experience of planning complex non-financial assurance engagements, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing Audit testing.
- Strong analytical and engagement management skills.
- The ability to lead and work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time, building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Testing of processes and controls such as review and recommend including the evaluation of design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Your audit skills will be matched by an ability to create new initiatives, respond to change and be flexible in your approach to meeting team goals.
- Ability to challenge and escalate issues effectively
- Ability to delegate tasks to more junior members of staff providing supervision and coaching
- Client handling and relationship management skills
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to work across multiple projects, prioritise and manage time effectively, along with a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.