Senior Associate Risk Assurance Controls London
|Job Title:||Senior Associate Risk Assurance Controls London|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 14:50|
About the Team
London Top Tier (LTT) provides assurance and specialist advisory services to many of the UK's most successful non-financial sector corporates including delivering the audits of FTSE 100 clients, with a number of these clients also US listed and subject to compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. As the largest of the UK Assurance business units we are at the forefront and the source of many of the global networks initiatives offering our people unrivalled opportunities to contribute to the shape of our future business.
LTT's Risk Assurance practice is home to specialists in all aspects of management and control from Corporate Governance and the assessment of entity level risk to the design of business processes, IT systems, supporting IT infrastructure and the governance of projects. Our people specializing in Controls Assurance are charged with integrating these skills into our largest financial audits and consulting projects in addition to creating solutions directly for our clients. Our client environments are constantly changing as emerging technologies are introduced, adding new dimensions to our work.
About the role
The London Top-Tier (LTT) Risk Assurance business group at PwC is looking for a Senior Associate to join their Controls Assurance team. In joining us you will be part of a unique client proposition, assisting our clients understand and challenge the extent to which their company's systems, supporting IT infrastructure, processes and people assists or inhibits their strategies to generate value.
The LTT Controls Assurance team is the global lead on many of our international assignments, giving our people exposure to teams across the PwC network. This gives members of the team the ability to share knowledge and develop in a very challenging and exciting environment.
Essential skills & experience
- IT risk assessment and IT general controls experience including planning, delivering a diverse range of assignments.
- Understanding of Control Frameworks e.g. COSO, COBIT.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) framework and compliance.
- Effectively working in a project team on a range of complex engagements, including
- Assessment or design of IT General controls across the four domains access to programs and data, computer operations, program development and program changes.
- security assessment at the three layers of security
- Application security (through standard access test and segregation of duties review).
- Operating system security.
- Database security.
- provision of specialist IT audit support to financial audit team on statutory engagements and advising on impacts to financial risk
- Assessment and/or designing risk and control matrix for client as part IT internal audit.
- impact assessment of IT General controls on key financial processes (incl. procure to pay, order to cash, period end financial close, inventory management, cash management, payroll)
- Assisting with the direction of scoping, planning and delivery of engagements, and discussing findings and assisting with reporting to our clients.
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Good experience in IT Risk assessment and Audit or Advisory, and an understanding of current technology trends.
- Good experience in assessing IT General Controls across multiple ERP/Non-ERP applications and supporting infrastructure (Operating systems [UNIX, Windows, OS/400 or IBMi] and Databases [Oracle, SQL, DB2]).
- Good experience in assessing and/or designing risk and control matrix for client as part IT internal audit activities.
- Good understanding of key business processes, and the associated risks and controls
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- CISA qualification will be highly regarded as will experience in a professional services environment.
- Sound client service skills - Ability to build and maintain client relationships
Who we are looking for
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines including accounting/ audit, application and support of information technology, risk evaluation and project governance. Our people are expected to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations and industries and as a Senior Associate, you will be expected to be demonstrate ability to be part of a larger team and later lead teams in scoping, delivering and quality assuring output.
In addition to your technical skills, you will have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's