7 days ago
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues. You’ll be engaged in projects dealing with International tax, mergers and acquisitions, state and local tax accounting, regulatory processes, tax reporting and strategy.
Who we are looking for
The candidate will be operating in a team across the Central belt, with the ability to spend time in both the Edinburgh and Glasgow offices. There may also be opportunities to work with staff in our other offices around the country and to visit client sites in the UK. The candidate will be part of our Midbound Team which provides taxation services to a wide range of clients from Plc’s; Inbounds; Banking & Insurance clients and other large corporate entities.
The successful applicant will have a keen interest in how the taxation system impacts corporate clients and wants to develop their knowledge further through additional training and on the job learning.
About the role
The successful candidate will work with client relationship teams on a wide portfolio of corporate clients and will have day-to-day responsibility for managing these on-going relationships. For a number of our clients, this involves reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Director or Partner on the engagement. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Proactively managing a portfolio of clients, reporting directly to Managers and above.
- Establishing effective working relationships directly with clients.
- Being proactively involved in the financial management of clients.
- Contributing to the development of personal and team knowledge.
- Building your own network of contacts through regular attendance at internal and external meetings.
- Keeping up-to-date with local and national business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and /or their industry.
The Senior Associate will be part of client-service and project teams. As such, managing both junior and more senior members of the team will be essential. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in all areas of Tax Scotland - Private Client, Private Business, Private Equity, M&A, Capital Allowances, R&D, Indirect, Pensions, Reward & Employment.
Amount of time office based 90%
Amount of time at client sites 10%
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home Occasional, depending on client projects.
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Yes
Opportunity for working from home? Occasional, depending on client projects.
Opportunity for job sharing? No
The requirements for the role are as follows
- Relevant qualifications in CA; LLB; ATII; CAT or equivalent;
- A commitment to continuing to enhance technical and other knowledge and skills;
- Willingness to take on new and challenging work;
- Risk awareness;
- Excellent team playing skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Self-motivation; and
Good organisational and people skills.