Shared Services Director
|Job Title:||Shared Services Director|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||March 01, 2019 08:51|
We’ve all experienced the impact of extraordinary technological change over recent years. PwC’s clients are changing how they work – increasingly working remotely and across multiple locations. In response, PwC has optimised its operating model to further improve quality, deliver outstanding value to our clients, and create a better experience for our people.
Nexus, PwCs Competency Centre, is a key solution.
Nexus will execute the delivery of the less complex areas of the work we do within PwC Assurance. This is a dynamic and growing team, with aspirations to grow the team significantly over the next 3 years.
We’re currently seeking a dynamic and high performing Director to lead our Competency Centre (Nexus) operations. The Director will be responsible for and fundamental to driving
- Operational excellence, ensuring achievement of key performance indicators including quality, people experience, client experience, and financial performance
- Ongoing operational implementation, to achieve growth strategy in line with 5 year plans;
- Improved productivity, particularly through automation of standardised procedures, in line with PwC strategy.
Reporting into the Partner responsible for Nexus, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of PwC and Assurance strategy by
- Leading all aspects of day to day operations within Competency Centre, with overall responsibility and accountability for all people, processes and systems within Nexus
- With the support of the Nexus People Leader, drive team engagement, diversity and inclusion, and wellbeing
- Driving ongoing achievement of key performance indicators around quality, people experience, client experience and financial performance
- Driving a high performance compliance culture, to ensure high quality delivery, compliance with Assurance regulation, and consistent execution of the Nexus Quality Management System (QMS)
- Working with internal and external specialists to deliver efficient and effective Learning & Development interventions, to support a high performance compliance culture
- Delivering on Nexus recruitment, retention and resourcing requirements and strategies, in line with 5 year plans
- Driving a culture of innovation, thought leadership and continuous improvement in Nexus delivery, in particular driving the ongoing automation of standardised activities
Skills and Experience required
- Experience of working within a similar shared services or Contact Centre environment essential
- Experience of working in a professional services environment and/or similar highly regulated area highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience in implementing high levels of standardisation and process, to drive consistent, efficient and high quality delivery (particularly in a regulated environment)
- Outstanding leadership skills, with experience of working with and motivating individuals from diverse backgrounds and levels of professional experience
- Excellent people skills, including strong influencing skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and coach more junior team members
- Strong written and oral communications skills, at all levels
- The ability to think on your feet, be creative and innovate - in response to challenge and to identify and maximise opportunities
- Being both able to anticipate, and be responsive to, operational challenges, in a highly changeable and fast paced environment
- Excellent organisational / project management skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
This role is to be primarily based in Bradford, with the individual expected to be onsite in Bradford at least 3 three days per week. This would be a strategic move for a high performing Director looking to display Director level competencies, and could be a permanent move or a secondment of 18 months +.
The Competency Centre will also directly support PwC's social mobility agenda and as such the Director will need to be open minded and agile to maximise the opportunities that this model offers, and respond to any ongoing operational challenges.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Services Manager
55,000 - 63,000 plus benefits
Audit Managers - Financial Services
Audit Manager - Financial Services
Financial Services Corporate Tax Seniors
Financial Services Corporate Tax Managers