8 days ago
External Audit Senior Associates
Assurance North is currently looking to recruit several Senior Associates to complement our existing team as we enter a growth period. This role will be based in Manchester.
We are recruiting across the NW Office in Manchester. With more than 550 clients and some 300 partners and staff in the region, the North West Assurance practice is a great place to build a career. We have a wide variety of clients from entrepreneurial start-ups through major public sector organisations to FTSE100 and large global businesses.
About the role:
As a fast growing business unit we have many opportunities for career progression - particularly to the manager grade where we service clients from FTSE 100 to the privately owned business and work across a variety of industries from Financial Services to Property to manufacturing to the public sector and many more. This also gives you an opportunity to work with new people day in day out, and get to know people across the office and from all lines of service.
As a Senior Associate you will have a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of your development, and particularly on smaller clients can be seen as one of the main faces of PwC even to senior client members.
- Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Providing an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day management of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established audit clients
- Working and liaising with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service
- Strong business awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative
- Reporting directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
- Having team management responsibilities
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of more junior members of the team
- A chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skill
- We fully support internal mobility both nationally and internationally
- ACA / ACCA qualification essential
- Significant auditing and accounting experience in large organisations
- AUS GAAP and/or UK GAAP experience
- Proven track record of establishing client relationships
- Ability to work to work on your own initiative
- Demonstrated team player
skills we look for in future employees:
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
Closing date: 9th May 2019