9 days ago
External Audit- Senior Associates
A career in our Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Our team in Glasgow helps financial organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. Our clients cover industries within banking and capital markets, private equity, insurance, and consumer finance. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You'll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
About the role:
As a fast growing business unit we have many opportunities for career progression - particularly to the manager grade where we service clients from FTSE 100 to the privately owned business and work across a variety of industries from Financial Services to Property to manufacturing to the public sector and many more. This also gives you an opportunity to work with new people day in day out, and get to know people across the office and from all lines of service.
As a Senior Associate you will have a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of your development, and particularly on smaller clients can be seen as one of the main faces of PwC even to senior client members. You will have involvement in the audit from beginning to end - from planning, supervising the work of others, dealing with senior members of the client’s management team and significant involvement in completion/dealing with engagement leaders.
- Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients
- Providing an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day management of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established audit clients
- Working and liaising with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service
- Strong business awareness, sound reporting skills and the ability to work under your own initiative
- Reporting directly to a partner, director, senior manager or manager
- Having team management responsibilities
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of more junior members of the team
- A chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skill
- We fully support internal mobility both nationally and internationally
- ACA / ACCA qualification essential
- Significant auditing and accounting experience
- A passion for client service
- A keenness to further your own personal development and career goals
The skills we look for in future employees:
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
Closing date: 10th May 2019