Manager - Corporate Tax
|Job Title:||Manager - Corporate Tax|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 17:25|
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You’ll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Our team is a leading international tax adviser to the largest UK listed and foreign parented multinational companies operating in the UK. Our clients include many household names and are from all industry sectors (except Financial Services).
The work is cutting edge tax advice; it is technically demanding and creative, and offers opportunities to work on major corporate transactions and international projects. Tax return preparation is not done by the team.
We are looking for a Manager who will relish the technical challenges in this area and enjoy the opportunities to build relationships with a wide range of clients and develop teams to support them. Candidates will need a strong track record of delivering and managing complex international and corporate tax projects as part of a multidisciplinary team.
About the role
You will be responsible for building close relationships with a wide range of clients and working as part of a team to deliver the Firm’s tax services. Client teams range in size depending on the client and nature of the work. As a Manager you will have a key role in shaping your accounts. You will also have the opportunity to work in project teams on one-off projects.
The client work is stimulating and rarely routine. It offers opportunities to help solve the tax and business issues of companies that are household names and be a leading adviser on the latest tax developments. The work is wide-ranging including advising on major corporate transactions, providing international and UK advice, as well as supporting the audit of tax for major companies.
The team will provide you with the opportunity to put into practice your tax technical skills in a stimulating and challenging environment, working alongside a group of corporate tax specialists with a pool of Managers and other staff to support you.
You will benefit from a progressive environment where you will be encouraged to develop client relationship and other softer skills in addition to technical expertise. There will also be opportunities to develop deeper knowledge in particular areas of interest such as international structuring, finance and treasury tax, advising on operating models, or certain industry sectors.
The role will be both varied and challenging and will provide significant opportunities to develop your career. As a Senior Manager you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from experienced Directors and Partners on your client teams, including some of the best known practitioners in their fields. In addition, you will have a ‘People Manager’ who will manage your performance, well-being and development.
In terms of wider development opportunities, you will have the opportunity to progress your career in the Firm through gaining wide-ranging experience across industries and locations. Being a global organisation we are able to offer staff the opportunity to go on international secondments and there are further options to develop technically and professionally through varied client secondments.
● You must have a UK professional qualification (eg ACA, CTA, solicitor) or overseas equivalent.
● You will have gained significant international and UK corporate tax advisory experience working on complex transactions. Ideally you will also have experience of tax reporting or tax accounting.
● You will need strong analytical skills and a flexible approach, combined with the ability to work as part of a number of client teams simultaneously.
● You will have experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
● You will have experience of project managing and delegating work within a team context.
● You will have a focus on self-development and on the development of those working with you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's