11 days ago
A career in our Non Financial Services Audit practice, within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You'll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
About the team
Be part of a new and highly innovative approach to delivering external audit work for our clients.
The team are known within PwC as Fulcrum. They’re a close-knit community of staff, of all grade levels, working on prestigious London audit engagements within Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset and Wealth Management and London Top Tier.
Fulcrum staff are integral members of the client-facing teams, physically located in our Birmingham office. The team use cutting edge technology we’ve developed to support our ability to stay connected with our clients, and wider PwC colleagues, wherever we are. Our new way of working breaks the assumption that all members of audit need to be based in the same place and in close proximity to our clients.
With us you will
- Be at the forefront of the future vision and delivery of assurance services.
- Be part of a growing team of highly-skilled auditors working on London audit engagements based in a modern central office in Birmingham.
- Enjoy the experience and opportunities that come with working on high profile London clients, but with the flexibility that comes with a regional office, with only occasional travel expected.
The Fulcrum team is a key part of our Future of Assurance programme and of great strategic importance to the firm. It provides the unique opportunity to work on high profile London clients and the flexibility that comes with a regional office. You will utilise cutting edge technology so you stay connected with the client and London team.
You'll gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work. In addition you'll also be involved with training, managing, coaching and appraising staff. As this team is developing a new way of working, you'll be in a position to shape the working practices of the future so will need to be able to think independently and confidently about sharing your point of view and be innovative in the way you communicate.
About the role
The role would incorporate
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partners, Directors and Senior Managers and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
Essential skills and experience
As a Manager you will be required to
- Be ACA, ACCA, or similarly qualified
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required.
Ref no: 33169BR
Closing date: 6th of May, 2019