15 days ago
Our team offers strategic advice to investors and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities. As part of our team, you’ll help our clients by providing client specific commercial insight, market and competitor overviews, and investment/divestment advice and modelling.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Who we are looking for
As a result of the team’s current activity levels and future anticipated level of deal flow, we are now seeking to recruit a manager or senior manager (dependent on experience) to join our established Scottish M&A team.
This role would represent an exceptional opportunity to join one of the UK’s market leading corporate finance practices and assist in growing its regional footprint. It’s a chance to gain immediate exposure to lead advisory transaction activity within a strong team of experienced advisors at PwC.
The ideal individual will be able to demonstrate a sustained level of high performance in a similar role and strong academic track record.
We would expect the individual to have strong communication, interpersonal and numerical skills, and a relevant professional qualification in accountancy, finance or banking. Candidates will be required to show a high degree of commercial awareness, and a good working knowledge of the regional corporate landscape in Scotland will be seen as an advantage. PwC will provide you a wide range of career development opportunities, allied with an ongoing programme of support and training to enable you to meet your career aspirations.
About the role
The individual would expect to be involved in the following types of work
- Managing teams or people and acting as a coach and mentor to junior team members
- Preparation of information memorandum, business plans, client presentations and pitch documents
- Participation in client presentations and meetings
- Detailed industry and company analysis
- Financial modelling and analysis of transactions
- Preparation and co-ordination of project deliverables
- Project managing transactions and liaising with multiple parties
- Regular networking at internal and external events
- Business development activities including identification and targeting of potential opportunities, and developing a strong personal network of contacts
The base office will be Glasgow, with travel to other office locations in Scotland in Edinburgh and Aberdeen, as well as travel to client sites as required.
- Opportunity for working from home? For discussion
- Amount of time out of office? 30%
- Opportunity for job sharing? No
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Frequent day time travel, occasional overnight stays
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? For discussion
- Amount of time PwC office based? 70%
We would expect interested applicants to be able to demonstrate the following attributes
- CA or ACA qualification or equivalent experience gained in a banking or consulting training programme
- Experience in an M&A transaction environment
- Strong analysis capabilities
- Client focus and flexible/agile worker
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical skills and ability to grasp commercial issues
- Strong attention to detail whilst retaining an open mind to new ideas
- Strong written skills with demonstrable experience of producing high quality, tailored documents
- Ability to build effective working relationships and to work in teams
- Ability to work with a range of clients from entrepreneurs to corporates
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Experience of managing teams and acting as a coach to junior team members
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint