8 days ago
Through data driven insights, we help our clients move in the right direction. We offer strategic advice to investors and companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions or investment opportunities.
As part of our team, you’ll support our clients by providing client specific commercial insight, market and competitor overviews, and investment/ divestment advice and modelling.
What's exciting about this opportunity?
We're looking for an Assistant Director to join the Leeds office and be part of its ever growing Northern M&A offering. The team has a strong local reputation and focuses on corporate and private equity clients, with a hand in both domestic and cross-border M&A. The team is particularly focused on selling private companies to strategic acquirers and financial investors, as well as undertaking selective acquisition and public company advisory work.
The team covers the mid-market, which is the most active transaction size segment, being deals valued typically between £20m to £500m. Our regional deals business is a priority for PwC in the UK. In joining the team, we expect you to play a key role in supporting our growth plans.
Working as an Assistant Director within the team you’ll;
● lead and manage projects from start to finish covering all transaction stages, from information production, modelling, due diligence, funding and transaction process through to completion,
● develop internal/external relationships, and networks to help win M&A advisory work,
● oversee the work of project teams and the co-ordination of day-to-day work-streams,
● mentor junior staff and support directors and partners
● act as the key point of contact for clients and participate in key proposals and presentations.
What are your main responsibilities?
You’ll be part of a team of problem solvers with strong consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
● You’ll assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
● You’re involved in the financial management of clients
● You’ll support business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
● You’ll help to develop project strategies to solve problems for our clients
● You’ll manage and deliver large projects
● You’ll train, coach, and supervise team members
Who we’re looking for
We’re excited to receive your application and believe you can be a strong contender if:
● you have a background of working in M&A advisory, ideally gained within a boutique corporate finance firm, leading investment bank or other corporate finance environment (such as within corporate development in industry or within corporate finance in a major accounting firm)
● you have successfully worked on the completion of multiple mid-market M&A transactions on which you could be referenced personally;
● you possess a strong financial modelling capability and experience;
● you have the agility to convert analysis into various outputs to present results in a clear and concise manner;
● you’re able to lead teams and manage people using highly developed interpersonal skills;
● you know how to initiate and build relationships with potential clients.
What else do is important to know?
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfill the role.