7 days ago
Your clients are likely to include large listed companies (outside of the FTSE 100) and medium sized inbound corporate groups. Our client base includes a significant number of non-audit clients.
The role will be primarily focussed on advising corporate groups within the real estate sector on various tax matters, including Stamp Taxes. However, there are also opportunities for undertaking work in sectors such as not for profit and energy, as well as gaining experience in partnership tax, research & development and international structuring work.
You will be encouraged to shape and actively manage your career development through involvement in a broad variety of work.
To date, our marketing strategies have been extremely effective in expanding the client base, and we now need further resources to continue an impressive growth story.
• In this role, strong interpersonal and technical skills are a must as is the ability to take a lead role with clients and work independently.
• You will have the opportunity to take the lead on some of your clients and so a passion for client service is also important.
• Previous experience in a tax role will be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given.
The team is focused on bringing best in class commercial tax ideas and services to existing and potential clients with the aim to increasing their profitability, and helping them manage their business and tax strategy.
We take advantage of the diverse backgrounds of our staff and our networks to provide a unique one stop service for our clients.
As Senior Associate in this team you will be involved in
- Tax planning projects and ad-hoc advisory work often with international aspects
- Technical research and report writing - including original research (review and interpretation of the legislation) to meet an individual client's needs and circumstances.
- Being involved in the support and development of junior staff - sharing knowledge and expertise through team working and actively managing individual work-streams.
- Taking ownership of managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines, handling day to day queries and building to establish a role as the trusted/primary point of contact
- Reviewing a wide variety of corporate returns linked with your own client allocation whilst considering whether any tax planning opportunities arise.
The inbound and listed team is a fast growing area in PwC and therefore offers room for progression for the right candidate. We have a large and impressive client base and have a highly motivated team of people providing these services.
- You should be ACA or CTA qualified or with a legal background or HMRC training.
- The successful candidate will have strong UK tax knowledge either through experience or through one of the above exam qualifications and / or experience in stamp taxes.
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and leading client relationships.
- Candidates should be interested in being an all-round business adviser who enjoys working closely with clients to provide them with a pro-active service giving them innovative and commercial tax solutions.
Amount of time office based 90%
Amount of time at client sites 10%
Need to travel/overnight stays away from home Occasional
Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? Where possible
Opportunity for working from home? Occasional
Opportunity for job sharing? No
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.