Prudential Regulation Senior Manager - Banking & Capital Markets
|Job Title:||Prudential Regulation Senior Manager - Banking & Capital Markets|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||May 04, 2019 13:22|
About the role
PwC’s Prudential Risk and Regulation team supports clients across a full range of prudential regulatory topics including Pillar 1 and 2 capital and liquidity requirements, recovery and resolution planning and regulatory reporting. Our clients are predominantly banks and broker dealers, ranging in size and complexity from small start-ups to large international groups.
For Pillar 2 we support our clients with their compliance with the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) regulatory requirements. We provide independent review and challenge of firms’ risk identification, risk assessment, stress testing approaches, and capital and liquidity quantifications and conclusions. We also support management in their preparations for interactions with the UK regulators (Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP), and Senior Management Function interviews etc.) by providing coaching and mock interviews. These engagements provide us with access to some of the most senior individuals within these firms, often including Board members.
The ICAAP and ILAAP are also key documents to be prepared and submitted by firms seeking authorisation for a banking licence. Our team supports these clients through an often long and complex authorisation process during which they must demonstrate to the UK regulators that they have a legally, operationally and financially viable business model. We help applicants to navigate this process, in particular by providing support and advice on strategy, financial and regulatory modelling, regulatory documentation (ICAAP, ILAAP, Regulatory Business Plan and the Recovery Plan) and regulatory relationship management. We work closely with other PwC teams who support applicants with their governance, IT strategy and operational resilience.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive regulatory, advisory and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working as part of a team on a variety of large and small engagements
- Liaising directly with clients, including at board and senior management levels
- Reviewing, challenging and providing peer and regulatory insights in relation to client-prepared documents, in particular ICAAP and ILAAP
- Providing SME technical advice on Pillar 2 regulatory requirements
- Drafting materials to support clients through the authorisation process including, for example, components of the Regulatory Business Plan, ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan and related policies and procedures
- Balancing multiple concurrent client projects and responding positively to uncertainty and change
- Relationship building and networking with clients and internally across PwC
- Supporting senior team members with the development of marketing and sales activities
The essential skills we are looking for are:
- Educated to at least degree level
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in managing projects and/or people
- Experience of problem solving
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in financial services
- An applied understanding of prudential regulatory requirements and expectations applicable to banks and/or broker dealers
- At least one of the following:
- Industry or regulatory experience of ICAAP/ILAAP development and/or the C-SREP/L-SREP processes; or
- Experience of the bank authorisation process (from within a new entrant bank, an advisor or a regulator)
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's