Manager Tax Large Corporate Reading
|Job Title:||Manager Tax Large Corporate Reading|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019 15:05|
Who We Are
We're the leading UK provider of tax services in terms of the reputation, size and scope of our practice. The work we do is diverse and our clients span a range of industries, from multinational organisations, to entrepreneurs and family businesses.
Our goal is to provide a technology enabled service you can be a part of, working alongside people with experience in developing solutions for our clients.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It’s this focus that influence the services we provide and decisions we make.
We seek to attract the best people from a diverse talent pool and encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. This is what makes us a strong organisation with an increasingly agile workforce which is why we’ve introduced Everyday Flexibility, encouraging you to balance work and life. ‘Dress for your Day’ lets you choose what you feel is appropriate to wear for each working day.
The South East Region spans across six offices and is a growth priority for the board .We’re looking for a Tax Manager for our Reading office to be part of our successful Corporate Tax Advisory team. We work with a diverse range of well-known clients at local, national and global levels, and have an inspiring working environment. As the vast majority of our compliance work is managed by dedicated teams across the UK, this role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax advisory work with a varied client base. As a Manager, you’ll work in a team of problem solvers with consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to being:-
• You will be responsible for managing an established team and providing excellent quality advisory services to a high profile portfolio of both UK and multinational clients ranging in size from £50m - £20bn+ turnover
• The role will also include supporting local and regional business development activity to generate new business, and winning work.
• You’ll also be responsible for taking a lead role in the support and development of the junior members of our growing team.
• You'll get the opportunity to work directly with partners, directors, and technical specialists in areas of tax and different territories.
• You should be interested in being an all-round business adviser who enjoys working closely with clients to provide them with proactive innovative and commercial tax services.
Essential Qualification & Skills
• UK professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/ATT/CTA/legal qualification) or overseas equivalent.
• Strong UK corporate tax technical skills who’s used to managing a diverse portfolio of clients, and is passionate about providing excellent client service.
• Some experience of managing international clients would be preferable but not essential.
• Experience of being out in the market in direct contact with clients and contacts.
• Excellent project management and team working skills.
• Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
• You’ll be self-motivated and have an appetite to support business development efforts to secure new opportunities for the firm.
• You’ll be passionate about supporting and developing more junior members of staff.
• Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
• You’ll have a focus on self-development and in the progression of others in your teams.
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfil the role.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's