Deals Strategy Director
|Job Title:||Deals Strategy Director|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2019 23:15|
PwC are the only advisors to deploy the complete range of advice across the entire deal lifecycle, bringing a relentless focus on finding and capturing hidden value and ensuring maximum shareholder return is delivered.
Value Creation in Deals is one of PwC’s biggest investments and we are looking to grow the team significantly over the next two years. Building on our leading deals advisory, consulting, tax, sector and data and analytics expertise, we are looking for specialists to join our team who can deliver value throughout a deal for our clients. Successful deals happen when you bring together leading M&A strategy consulting expertise, a clear vision for what comes next, a proven track record of execution, and deep specialism in managing risk, empowering people and driving technological change.
About Deals Strategy
We’re a team of strategy consultants working across M&A and corporate strategy. We help our clients think through the most pressing issues they face, and we do this by providing our clients with rigorous and independent, market and strategic insight, to help them make good decisions.
Our clients include a wide variety of large and mid-tier corporate clients as well as financial investors such as private equity, sovereign wealth funds and infrastructure funds. We help these clients when they are making major investment or growth decisions, including
- New market entry (new geographies or new products/services)
- Greenfield projects
- Changes in strategic direction
We engage in detailed, rigorous evaluation of markets, strategic positioning of companies within these markets, their growth drivers, and key business opportunities and risks. We help clients develop new insights, strategies and approaches. Often our work is done at pace, to meet the demands of a deal process or investment decision.
About the role
You’ll initiate and originate significant deal and value creation opportunities for clients and PwC. Our Deal Value Architects have designed and overseen hundreds of successful deals, from developing the right strategy to ensuring that the deal is executed seamlessly. They support companies to implement changes that will deliver synergies and improvements long after the deal is signed.
As a Deal Value Architect, you’ll use your sector contacts including industry financiers (such as banks, private equity and infrastructure investors) to grow our client base even further. You’ll have the ability to work across the sector, with a good understanding of the commercial, technological and regulatory changes impacting the sector and how they are impacting M&A and opportunities for growth.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of strategy consulting or M&A advisory experience in the sector gained in a strategy house, a Big 4 firm.
- Demonstrable industry network (ability to maintain/develop your own client relationships) and experience in strategy consulting selling
- Evidence of contribution / development of thought leadership
- Analytical and project management skills including the ability to run strategy and deals related projects (including more than one project at a time)
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing successful teams
- Confident in liaising with and presenting to clients at all levels
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time between project delivery and business development support effectively
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to confidently communicate at C-suite level
- Strong networker
- Collaborative team player
- Empathetic leadership skills
- Ability to recognise business opportunities across the wider team and firm
- Strong developer of talent
- Comfortable with ambiguity
You’ll be joining a team who welcome your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world’s leading professional organisations. With an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place. Please apply if you have a keen interest in the work we do.
Who we’re looking for
Are you a proven, revenue-generating relationship builder at the Managing Director/CEO level? Do
you work within professional services with a mergers & acquisitions track record
We are looking for dedicated Deal Value Architects, who are end-to-end deals specialists and will help design and manager our clients’ deals and deliver the success they expect. Deal Value Architects live and breathe value creation
- revenue growth
- costs reduction
- cash generation
- EBITDA growth
Deal Value Architects advise clients on the implications of
- business models
- operating models
- emerging technologies
- how you deliver transformational change from deals
To be a successful applicant, you’ll have experience in leading a cross-functional team and articulate value creation opportunities in a deal, (either in merger integration, carve-out or from business transformation) to structure the project execution plan and manage the overall program.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's