Security Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Security Engineering Manager|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 17:04|
Our Network Informations Systems team helps organisations transform their network architecture and infrastructure to ensure security controls are always operating efficiently. As part of the team, you’ll focus on the architecture of information systems, including the design and implementation of network architecture and information storage to optimise programme security and delivery for our clients.
PwC are driving major change across information & cyber security by building a centralized model to provide security services across the entire member firm network. Mandated at the network level, NIS operate outside IT & are responsible for this major program initiative, from definition of the security strategy to execution of the global Cyber Readiness Program, moving from local to centralized services.
Our mission is to identify, control & reduce the attack surface across the member firm network while increasing our adversaries’ cost of attack. In order to deliver the Cyber Readiness Program the NIS team is structured into the following Pillars
● Information Security Risk & Compliance
● Security Architecture, Engineering, Innovation & Transformation (SAEIT)
● Strategy & Alliances
● Chief of Staff
NIS are building the first global cyber security function at PwC. Our mission protects 300,000 PwC members across 160 member firms worldwide as well as our global clients. If you are seeking an exciting career with the scope to grow your security skills through major change on a global scale, then NIS will empower you to do so.
The SAEIT pillar within NIS is responsible for the following services
● Security Architecture
● Security Engineering
● Security Transformation
● Application Security
If you love designing & building security technology this is the place to be. Within SAEIT we work closely with the business to define the NIS 5 year security roadmap. Gathering business requirements to combine PwC’s goals with conceptual long term security trends to create a target architecture for NIS to deliver against. From this future state plan the Security Engineering team break down long term goals into manageable projects and look to technical security solutions to
solve business problems.
Designing & building security technology that span the wider PwC network of firms. Once security technologies are built the security engineering team work closely with Cyber in order to highlight the capability of the technology to ensure maximum impact as it is transitioned into an operational environment.
Scope of Responsibility
The Security Engineering team is responsible for the following tasks:
● Working with Security Architecture to break down high level roadmap into manageable project solutions over the medium term
● Definition of solution design for enterprise security technology
● Execution of hands on build of security technologies on a global scale
● Engaging technology stakeholders at all levels to explain complex security technologies & manage deployment & implementation pipelines
● Engage with Cyber to discuss & hand over service transition and management of implemented security technology
Strategic & Technical Orientation / Job Content
SAEIT pillar skills matrix
● Experience engaging business & technology stakeholders at all levels to gather long term goals & requirements
● Experience mapping long term business requirements to complex security architecture frameworks such as TOGAF,
SABSA, Zachman etc.
● Understanding of how to design & build security technology solutions aligned to a global central service environment
● Understanding of security technology at an enterprise & solution level
● Hands on engineering experience with enterprise security technology
● Experience working to transition technology from a local focus to a central technology service organization
● Experience working in a complex, matrix organization
● Experience working with multiple stakeholders across functional and technical skillsets
● Design & build security technologies such as SIEM, Endpoint protection, Network Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls (WAF) etc.
● Application of security technology to solve complex business problems in line with a central service model
● Ensure security technologies implemented have appropriate documentation pertaining to functionality & capability
● Manage handover of implemented security technology to Cyber Service Management
An effective SAEIT candidate will also possess the following skills
● Analytical Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance.
● Technical Broad understanding of enterprise technology & how to design & build a range of security tools
● Business High level understanding of PwC’s business model, service offerings, and business operating environment as
it pertains to the firm’s threat landscape. Ability to frame threats and exposures in a business context recognized by
non-technical staff and executives.
● Threat landscape Knowledge of how attack techniques are used in enterprise intrusions to gain entry, gain privilege,
and ultimately accomplish a nefarious objective against a victim organization.
● Communication High level verbal and written communication skills vital to informing, persuading, and teaching
stakeholders to enable effective response
● Delivery. Ability to define the conceptual and execute within a real world business environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's