9 days ago
Senior Associate Assurance - South East RA Internal Audit – Southampton
About the team
A changing risk landscape means organisations are facing new and unfamiliar challenges. While being ready to respond is essential, it’s not easy. Internal Audit has emerged as a key means of giving Boards the confidence to deal with the demands of a dynamic marketplace .Our Risk Assurance division is the UK's leading risk and control solutions provider. The South East team provides assurance and specialist advisory services to many of the UK's most successful non-financial organisations.
Our Internal Audit service offering ranges from:
- Advice on developing Internal Audit strategy and assistance in setting up functions
- Helping clients deliver their annual audit plan either by enabling them to fully outsource their function or by using us as a co-source partner
- Providing secondments to fulfil key Internal Audit roles
- Performing effectiveness reviews of Internal Audit functions, including gap analysis
- Transforming existing functions to ensure that they are truly relevant, cost effective and risk focused
- Delivering training to Internal Audit teams on a variety of relevant topics, including emerging Internal Audit methodology, regulatory themes and industry issues.
About the roleAs a Senior Associate you will be responsible for the delivery of work to several of our clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering Internal Audit for South East Audit clients including ad hoc reviews or in response to an emerging risk area;
- Supervising work of junior staff members and delivery to clients;
- Managing the day to day client relationships;
- Helping to grow the existing South East Internal Audit business by working alongside our leadership team on proposals and new opportunities;
- Building a network of contacts through attending both external industry events and PwC hosted events.
Essential skills and experience
- Provide Internal audit and business advice to clients;
- Have an understanding of engagement economics, including budgets and taken ownership for meeting these on your engagements;
- Manage client relationships at different levels;
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients;
- Manage the work across multiple audits delivering exceptional client service;
- Experience in coaching and develop other staff and excellent people management skills;
- Strong business awareness, project management and the ability to work under your own initiative; and
- Take responsibility for quality.
- Must have a relevant professional qualification;
- Exposure to current thinking in Corporate Governance and Risk Management;
- Exposure to high profile, complex and judgement issues;
- Desire for continuous improvement; and highly developed listening and questioning techniques.