Senior Associate - Banking & Capital Markets - Prudential Regulation
|Job Title:||Senior Associate - Banking & Capital Markets - Prudential Regulation|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 14:23|
The FSRR division is looking to expand its leading prudential regulatory business and we are looking for candidates at the Senior Associate level with banking and/or investment firm sector experience.
About the role
The prudential regulatory regime continues to evolve with developments such as CRDV and ‘Basel IV’ and Brexit creating continued demands on the Regulatory, Risk and Finance teams in banks and investment firms. This, coupled with increased supervisory scrutiny over ongoing compliance (e.g. Skilled Persons Reports and the Senior Managers Regime), has presented challenges for firms both for ongoing compliance and also from a more strategic perspective. Firms need technical and practical advice on how to adapt to these changes and assess the impact of the wider prudential reform agenda whilst meeting ‘business as usual’ regulatory expectations.
Meanwhile, a regulatory focus on increasing competition has seen a number of new challenger firms seeking authorisation as banks, requiring support both through this process and in achieving future regulatory compliance and strategic optimisation.
We are looking for candidates who have one or both of the following to join our team
- Experience in credit, counterparty credit, market and/or liquidity risk regulatory requirements; recovery and resolution planning; or supervision of these areas (banking or investment firms); and/or
- ACA or ACCA qualification in the financial services sector (banking or investment firms).
- Being a member of a team on large and small engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Identifying the impact of prudential regulatory change and supporting clients to adapt to the challenges a new regulatory landscape presents
- Working on projects relating to various components of credit, counterparty credit, market and/or liquidity risk or recovery and resolution planning including regulatory reporting and associated governance and controls, risk management frameworks, policies and procedures, risk measurement, monitoring and reporting
- Supporting firms through the authorisation process by preparing and/or reviewing and challenging prudential risk information
- Preparing regulatory analysis and reports
- Supporting reviews of clients’ compliance with credit, counterparty credit, market and/or liquidity risk and/or recovery and resolution planning requirements
- Supporting senior team members through the development of marketing and sales activities
- Relationship building and networking with clients and internally across PwC
- Providing input to the debate on development and application of regulation, participating in PwC’s Thought Leadership
- Educated to at least degree level
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Experience of problem solving
- Experience of financial services (banking or investment firms or supervision thereof)
- Significant experience in either a prudential regulatory role or within a core or controls assurance role
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's