7 days ago
About the Team
Our Risk Assurance division is the UK's leading risk and control solutions provider. The London Top Tier (LTT) team provides assurance and specialist advisory services to many of the UK's most successful non-financial organisations.
Internal Audit is an important solution within the LTT Risk Assurance business delivering internal audit support to some of the largest and most complex private and public sector organisations in the UK, ranging from FTSE100 companies, to Government Departments and large charities.
PwC’s Internal Audit team is taking a lead in working with the Institute of Internal Auditors to champion the Internal Audit profession, in line with our value proposition; ‘Internal Audit Expect More’. We are helping our clients Internal Audit functions to become more agile and a Trusted Advisor within their organisation.
As part of this we
- Operate as their Internal Audit function (Outsource)
- Work with in-house teams to provide specialist knowledge or additional resources as required
- Perform effectiveness reviews and providing strategic advice (Advisory)
- Providing secondments to fulfil key Internal Audit roles (Advisory)
- Performing effectiveness reviews of Internal Audit functions, including gap analysis (Advisory)
- Transforming existing functions to ensure that they are truly relevant, cost effective and risk focused (Advisory)
- Delivering training to Internal Audit teams on a variety of relevant topics, including emerging Internal Audit methodology, regulatory themes and industry issues (Advisory)
About the Role
A changing risk landscape means organisations are facing new and unfamiliar challenges. While being ready to respond is essential, it’s not easy. Internal Audit has emerged as a key means of giving Boards the confidence to deal with the demands of a dynamic marketplace. As a Senior Associate you will be responsible for the delivery of work to several of our clients.
Your responsibilities will include
- Delivering Internal Audit for London Top-Tier Audit clients including ad hoc reviews or in response to an emerging risk area;
- Supervising work of junior staff members and delivery to clients;
- Managing the day to day client relationships;
- Helping to grow the existing London Top-Tier Internal Audit business by working alongside our leadership team on proposals and new opportunities;
- Building a network of contacts through attending both external industry events and PwC hosted events.
Essential skills and Experience
- Must have a relevant professional qualification;
- Experience in coaching and develop other staff and excellent people management skills;
- Strong business awareness, project management and the ability to work under your own initiative;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients;
- Manage the work across multiple audits delivering exceptional client service;
- Provide internal audit and business advice to clients;
- Have an understanding of engagement economics, including budgets and taken ownership for meeting these on your engagements;
- Manage client relationships at different levels;
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities; and
- Take responsibility for quality.
- Exposure to current thinking in Corporate Governance and Risk Management;
- A knowledge of IT General Controls or IT audit;
- Previous experience of delivering Internal Audit or controls testing work;
- Exposure to high profile, complex and judgement issues;
- Desire for continuous improvement; and
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques.