Company Secretary, Senior Associate
|Job Title:||Company Secretary, Senior Associate|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2019 23:06|
Are you interested in working in professional services?
PwC Entity Governance & Compliance (EGC) is currently recruiting for multiple Company Secretaries to help our client-facing teams grow.
PwC’s EGC practice is one of the largest employers of Company Secretaries globally and in the UK, and our market leading EGC team specialises in helping clients enhance the governance and compliance of legal entities and their Boards.
The team is growing substantially with ambitious plans to expand the public company and financial services governance team based in London. The team have been at the forefront of PwC’s response to the UK Corporate Governance reform agenda and a number of recent global regulatory developments e.g. BEPS, Fourth Money Laundering Directive. As part of our continued support for a wide range of organisations, including listed companies, financial services groups and multinationals, we’re expanding our team and are seeking a Senior Associate candidate to help develop the public company and financial services governance part of the team and deliver services to our market leading clients.
About the role
The role will work closely with Directors and Company Secretaries of a wide range of organisations (with a particular focus on the financial services sector), both across the listed and private business sectors, and with PwC’s Risk Assurance and Consulting teams, so an ability to build and maintain relationships at various levels is required.
The main focus of the role will be to support the senior managers and manager within the team by supporting the delivery of corporate governance advisory projects, which will include internal audit and regulatory driven corporate governance reviews, undertaking Board Effectiveness reviews, Corporate Secretariat Function reviews, designing and implementing corporate governance frameworks and conducting director training.
As well as servicing clients, the successful candidate will support general business operations, including involvement in operational and financial risk management.
The role provides excellent career progression and personal development.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Qualified chartered secretary, preferably with recent experience in the financial services sector and/or within a listed environment
- Strong influencing, team working and able to build strong relationships
- Strong experience of Board support and corporate governance requirements within international groups, particularly in the financial services sector
- Strong awareness of global governance trends
- Strong technical knowledge and experience around corporate governance and its practical application, including report writing and analysis of key themes and trends
- Focus on client delivery, resilient and able to prioritise and manage multiple clients
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to interact credibly at a senior level
- Previous professional services experience would be desirable but is not essential
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's