Tax North Senior Manager Indirect Tax
|Job Title:||Tax North Senior Manager Indirect Tax|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 16:49|
Our team helps our clients optimise cash flow and reduce risk by managing challenges related to indirect taxes. You'll support our clients with all aspects of indirect taxation related to global, regional and domestic projects as well as comprehensive restructuring and reporting value added tax projects.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Are you a client facing work winner with the desire to succeed and take a leading role within the North Region? We are looking for an ambitious Senior Manager to join our Indirect Tax practice, based in our Manchester office.
With an unparalleled client base held by the team both in and outside of the region this opportunity represents a real tangible opportunity to take ownership and create your own business and team within our Indirect Tax practice. You will be fully supported by both the North Indirect leadership in helping you achieve all your goals.
Within the North we provide a full range of audit, tax and related financial advice to a portfolio of clients ranging from large plcs to small local businesses. The team is committed to providing pro-active Tax and business consultancy advice. As well as advising businesses of varying sizes, our clients operate across a diverse range of market sectors.
We are essentially a consulting business and little of our work is routine. Projects range from one-off initiatives providing bespoke solutions to specific problems, through to advising countries that are introducing VAT systems for the first time. One thing is guaranteed the Indirect Tax practice offers a wide variety of opportunities.
Some of the core areas you will work in are governance, risk and control across the end-to-end processes and departmental interactions; in, co and out sourcing of the reporting and compliance needs; data analytics and management in all its guises; shared services, BPO's and lean processing; and ERP, other accounting information systems, and tax engines.
Role requirementsWe are looking for the following skills and experience
- Previous work experience within the Indirect tax arena. This could be gained through working in Customs and Excise, within Practice at a 'Big 4' firm or another reputable firm or from within Industry.
- Knowledge of the Indirect Tax market is essential, accompanied by strong technical knowledge.
- Proven work winning experience coupled with strong networking and relationship building skills. This will include marketing both in the external market place and internally across other lines of service.
- The ability to fully take ownership of client relationships and be able to cross sell and network internally to ensure their needs are met
- Commercial awareness. This may be gained through specific industry knowledge or through managing a number of clients in various industries
- Strong interpersonal skills, which will be demonstrated through maintaining and developing key client relationships as well as team leadership roles
- Strong technical skills coupled with the communication skills to explain complex issues in clear concise way to clients and non-tax colleagues
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to market yourself and your team both internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Flair for negotiating with VAT authorities in order to get the best result for your client
- People management skills with proven experience of delegation and project delivery through a team
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong academic record
- CTA qualified or substantial relevant work experience gained within the Indirect Tax field
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's