Accounting Services Senior Associate Leeds
|Job Title:||Accounting Services Senior Associate Leeds|
|Contact Name:||PwCRecruiting Team|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2019 16:41|
Our team provides our clients with customised accounting services based on their in house needs and current IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) guidelines. You'll work with our team to provide specialist advice and training in areas such as financial instruments, business combinations, pensions and share schemes, listings, corporate treasury, company secretarial and corporate governance.
Who we are looking for
The AS team is looking for a qualified ACA / ACCA Senior Associate, with accounting / finance experience gained working within practice or industry, to join our expanding AS team. AS provides outsourced accounting services. These include
- The preparation of local GAAP/IFRS statutory financial statements (SFS).
- Providing skilled accounting resource on secondment, where there is a temporary need for additional resource.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic management accounts.
AS also provides advisory services which include
- Advising on statutory accounting compliance requirements.
- Advising on improvements to the SFS cycle i.e. the production, audit and filing of SFS.
An AS Senior Associate needs the ability to apply their accounting compliance knowledge to contribute to major proposals to help manage and grow the AS accounting compliance portfolio worldwide. In addition, the ability to contribute to the development of the accounting advisory service offering with regards to process improvement, technology, risk and controls is required.
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings.
The role will be largely office based, however some travel and overnight stays may be required.
About the role
As part of PwC, the largest global accounting firm, AS offers a challenging and exciting career path. AS has a varied and prestigious client base and works with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance placed on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
The role has come about due to the planned expansion of AS.
The individual will report directly to Managers and Senior Managers or the Director who lead AS.
- Qualified ACA or ACCA with proven experience in professional practice or industry environment.
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline driven environment.
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including ability to work from first principles.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Successfully deal with “companies in a mess”.
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and some awareness of US GAAP.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and very good excel spreadsheet skills.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's