6 days ago
Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven’t. You'll work alongside senior members of the client’s management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
You'll have the opportunity to work across our large and exciting client base, which includes includes large multinational listed and internationally-headquartered businesses; privately owned and inbound; early-stage and fast-growth entities; companies operating in exploration & production, oilfield services as well as non-oil & gas.
As a Senior Associate in our assurance practice you'll play a pivotal role in the delivery of high-quality audits to our clients. Your role will include
• Working on a portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for contributing to day-to-day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
• Reporting to the Assurance Manager/SM and having a number of direct team members report to you.
• Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members.
• Contributing to business development activities, such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
• Being a key contact throughout the year for our clients, who range from FTSE-listed businesses through to owner-managed businesses in the infancy of their life cycle.
• Build strong relationships with other specialist teams within PwC to ensure that a full service offering can be provided to our clients.
As a Senior Associate within the firm you'll be required to demonstrate
• Suitable qualifications (e.g. ACA or similar).
• Experience of delivery of audit work from planning to supervision and review of the process.
• Flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team.
• The ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
• A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
• A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
• Experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing.
A desire for continuous improvement.
• Highly developed listening and questioning techniques.
• The ability to coach and supervise less experienced team members.
Essential Skills and Experience
An ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent
IFRS, UK GAAP, and SOX experience
A flexible approach and passion for client service
A working knowledge of business development activity
A desire to further your career and personal development
Who We Are Looking For
You will have strong relationship building skills with both clients and other internal teams and a proactive approach to problem solving. You will also need a reasonable degree of flexibility to travel to meet the needs of our national client base.