This job is no longer available
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join Vodafone UK in a Lead Commercial Analyst role within the Wholesale Commercial Team. The role is based at Vodafone’s head office in Newbury.
The purpose of this role is to provide decision support through best in class business partnering to the wholesale commercial team. This role is responsible for the financial performance & review of 3 of our existing Mobile Virtual Network Operators as well as support to new business opportunities as and when they arrive.
Providing finance support to account managers in all aspects of financial performance regarding their Mobile Virtual Network Operator and be able to articulate to the business the risk & opportunities on the account. This role will represent finance at all key commercial discussion with our Mobile Virtual Network Operator partners and ensure that the best interests of Vodafone are followed at all times.
As a Lead Commercial Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
• Ensure stakeholders across financial and commercial teams are consulted and briefed on business cases to ensure alignment, and identify any potential implementation issues within finance
• A thorough understanding of the dynamics of the account commercials is required, and able to articulate the impacts from changes in the commercials and be able to influence commercial discussions in the best interests of Vodafone
• Financial Analysis & Insight of monthly account performance
• Budgeting & Forecasting of all account information in line with forecasting timetable using Hyperion Planning system.
• Recommend ideas and practical solutions to business issues
• Actively contribute to and promote the Wholesale & Financial Planning & Analysis team
As a Lead Commercial Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Proven Commercial business partnering experience within a Telecommunications company is key for this role
• Qualified Accountant or evidence of commercial finance knowledge and experience
• Excellent stakeholder management at a senior level
• Experience in business case preparation
• Understand cash flows
• Experience with working with externals partners
What we're looking for in you
We’re looking for someone who has strong commercial finance experience within a Telecommunications company. They will have excellent business partnering skills and able to commute effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This is quite a rare opportunity to join the Wholesale Commercial Team and get involved with our Mobile Virtual Network Operators.
Vodafone is the world's leading mobile communications group with around 340 million proportionate customers worldwide. We employ approximately 80,000 people in our group operations and national operating companies in more than 20 countries across the globe. We have also forged Partner Market agreements in more than 40 countries round the world.