This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and high calibre Divisional Finance Director to join a world leading trader of agricultural commodities to oversee the financial functions within our Sugar Trading Division. This newly created senior finance position offers a broad spectrum of opportunity, scope, commercial activity and authority.
Working with the CFO, global finance staff, commercial teams and international subsidiaries, this senior finance position offers huge potential for growth and career progression. We are looking for a commercial leader who is able to drive the business forward
The successful candidate will cover the position of Divisional Director of Finance coordinating and financially managing our many subsidiaries across the business. The role may also represent part of the succession planning pool of talent for the Sugar CFO position in future.
We are looking for a finance professional who is able to drive change in our financial reporting and analytical review processes, including providing high quality analysis, review, decision support and financial leadership.
You must have significant experience of operating within a fast paced multinational, entrepreneurial trading and/or commercial environment. The successful individual will develop a solid understanding of the sugar business, its global operations and the impact that these operations have on financial reporting, cash funding and risk.
• Coordinate and drive the financial analysis and business review of the division and its operations, including development of commercial insight and analysis.
• Develop a consistent and comprehensive set of standards and reports throughout the Region within the broader umbrella of improving financial and commercial support services to the business
• Lead and advise on all financial reporting matters and consult with the commercial managers and local controllers. Candidate must work in close partnership with the respective business segments and business leaders.
• Liaise between the local subsidiaries and the Head Office finance department.
• Coordinate and lead Divisional budgeting and medium term planning process.
• Maximize the benefits of systems, including Microsoft AX, Hyperion and Masterisk (in-house developed risk management tool)
• Understand the divisional trade flows, their impact on cash management, resource usage, statutory reporting and tax planning/optimization.
• Provide creative solutions to any business challenge that may be encountered in the sugar business either at headquarters or from overseas subsidiary operations.
• Proactively gain an understanding of new accounting standards and their potential impact on the business unit’s results.
• Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from the Regional Directors, CFO and CEO.
• Capital investment appraisals/monitoring, project management and treasury management.
• HR development, including mentoring, performance management and oversight of London based and overseas regional controllers.
• Candidate must possess strong communication and negotiation skills, with a ‘hands on’ highly visible management style, and be able to motivate change.
• Self-confident and self-motivated person able to prioritise and focus on the completion of key targets
• Able to apply knowledge and experience to provide robust commercial solutions.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in an international controlling environment.
• Commodity knowledge is important to the role, while leadership potential is essential.
• A degree in finance, economics or business administration. A professional accounting qualification or MBA highly desirable.
• MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills must be proficient.
• Computer literacy is essential and the ability to use a consolidation package such as Hyperion is an advantage.
ED&F Man was established in 1783. Today the company is a leading provider of commodities, logistics and risk management services. The company is employee owned with approximately 4,000 employees working in 50 countries around the world.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.
Applications to Global Sourcing & Recruitment Team via the apply now button. Please highlight the position you are applying for in the subject line when applying.