This job is no longer available
Founded in 2005, Epigeum is a fast growing e-learning business based in Kensington, providing cutting edge online learning solutions to universities, research institutions and professional bodies worldwide. They are looking to recruit an exceptional financial controller to manage their finance function and support their ambitious worldwide growth plans.
Epigeum is a profitable, fast-growing, entrepreneurial business, which is gradually making the change to a more mature, corporate structure. Turnover has grown 30% this year and they are currently expanding their offering into the lucrative US market. The company prides itself on offering premium products and service levels.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Directors, supervising one staff member who will handle all transactional accounting for the business, while taking direct responsibility for reporting to the board and providing analysis and strategic advice surrounding the numbers.
Duties will include:
- managing finances for UK and US subsidiaries - UK GAAP & US GAAP compliance
- monthly management accounts, and analysis of variance against budget
- presentation of figures to Board, meetings quarterly
- annual budgeting, forecasting, planning, including strategic input
- liaising with external accountants to produce statutory accounts and tax returns
- designing and implementing new policies, procedures, controls, etc to ensure the company has robust financial systems in place as it continues to grow and evolve
- arranging insurance, compliance, etc.
This position will suit qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with post qualification experience gained within an entrepreneurial small or medium sized business and who is looking for the next step into a number one or more strategic financial control role. Candidates will have a strong academic track record, stable career history and be able to demonstrate keen commercial acumen.
The successful candidate will be intelligent and ambitious with confident presentation skills and the gravitas to advise the Board. Publishing, Start-up / VC backed / US market experience would be an advantage.