Internal Audit Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a CCAB qualified accountant to develop, plan and manage the delivery of reports to the Audit Committee providing an independent assessment of the effectiveness of management’s controls over a given area, process or issue. It is expected that the opportunity to add value to the area being audited will be exploited by the jobholder identifying and developing an action plan to improve control where necessary.
Home Retail Group is the UK’s leading home and general merchandise retailer, with sales of over £5.4 billion in the last financial year. Our Argos and Homebase brands form part of an expanding network of stores throughout the UK and the Republic of Ireland, with many exciting new developments in the pipeline.
As an Internal Audit Manager your main responsibilities will be to:
• Manage personal delivery of allocated audits and ensure line management is aware of progress and issues for resolution.
• Manage the completion of all aspects of audit delivery from Terms of Reference through fieldwork to preparing and clearing the Audit Report for publication.
• Operate in accordance with the IIA Professional Standards.
• When required deliver defined IA Development Projects as part of the continual improvement process within the department
• Manage personal awareness of industry and business activities in order to ensure high level of commercial acumen.
• Contribute to IA administration and management as agreed with IA Management.
As an Internal Audit Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Graduate calibre, CCAB qualified (or equivalent) accounting professional
• Full membership of the Institute of Internal Audit is desirable
• Relevant post qualification experience in a commercial audit or consultancy role is essential - experience of the retail sector would be an advantage.
• Experience or understanding of Internal Audit standards and methodologies is essential
• The ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interview, achieve rapport, and influence people up to director and senior management level.
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits which include in-store discounts, 24 days holiday, share save, discretionary annual bonus, private medical insurance and company pension scheme you will be working in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
Home Retail Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.