Investor Reporting Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to to co-ordinate, manage and validate the group financial and corporate reporting requirements of Argos. The role provides a single point of contact for all group corporate financial information (City statements incl Q&A, financial reporting to HRG). The role is also responsible for periodically preparing our internal scorecard, as well as financial slides for the Team Talk presentation.
Argos is a unique retailer recognised for choice, value and convenience. It sells more than 35,000 general merchandise products for the home, all of which are set out in its twice-yearly 1,800 page catalogue which is at the heart of its proposition. Argos serves more than 130 million customers per year through its stores and takes around six million customer orders online or over the phone, and, on average, 17 million UK households - approximately two thirds of the population - has a current Argos catalogue at home at any time.
As an Investor Reporting Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
• Delivery of the Q&A and draft financial releases in line with the City timetable. The role is responsible for managing the Q&A process, including reviewing the questions to be answered, challenging HRG on the appropriateness of the questions, issuing the questions to the appropriate individual for answering, co-ordinating the responses and checking for validity and consistency. The final stage is pulling together the Q&A document for issuance to HRG.
• To provide a single point of contact for all group corporate financial information, including ensuring that it is only issued to appropriate people.
• Calculation and monitoring of Like for Like sales measures weekly, periodically, and as required.
• Preparing periodic scorecard presentation.
• Preparing periodic Team Talk presentation. The role is responsible for updating the financial performance slides for the senior managers update, highlighting key drivers of performance and updating on the progress of the business’s key initiatives.
• Any ad hoc decision support activities for the Finance Director and project work as required.
As an Investor Reporting Analyst your skills & qualifications will ideally include:
• Graduate calibre, newly qualified accountant – experience within an accountancy practice would be beneficial although not essential
• Analytical and commercial experience
• Ability to operate and influence effectively at senior management level
• Ability to co-ordinate information from multiple data sources and individuals whilst maintaining consistency
• Ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines in a motivated environment
• Experience in the preparation of presentations and presenting financial information to senior managers would be an advantage
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits which include in-store discounts, 24 days holiday, share save, discretionary annual bonus, private medical insurance and company pension scheme you will be working in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
Home Retail Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.