This job is no longer available
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to deliver insightful analysis, reporting and forecasting of Homebase cashflow and balance sheet in order to meet both Homebase and Group Treasury requirements; with particular attention paid to the key cash ‘drivers’ which maximise cash flow and cash holding.
Homebase is the UK’s second largest home improvement retailer, with a customer offer that’s differentiated from the competition and is recognised for choice, style and customer service across the wider home enhancement market. It has around 350 large out-of-town stores, which sell over 30,000 products across a broad range of home enhancement products, services and traditional DIY items, as well as a growing internet offering at www.homebase.co.uk.
As an FP&A Analyst your main responsibilities will be:
• Day to day cashflow reporting and analysis including delivery of a well presented weekly cashflow reporting pack, enabling identification of cashflow by currency and by category i.e. Payroll, Stock etc and reports actuals against budget and forecast.
• Reporting and explanation of variances from budget or forecast to Homebase management and Group Treasury
• In addition to the cashflow and balance sheet analysis and reporting, the role will play a key part in a wider FP&A team giving a unique opportunity within Homebase to see how at a high level the whole company ‘works’.
• Management and development of a part qualified colleague with the aim of making this individual ready for a promotion.
As an FP&A Analyst your skills & qualifications will ideally include:
• Candidates should be of Graduate calibre and a recently qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent) either with commercial or audit (accountancy practice) experience
• A good understanding of how the primary financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet & Cashflow) interact and impact each other.
• Experience of building and maintaining models containing large quantities of data.
• The ability to organise and manage a company wide forecasting process, with the confidence to communicate to and work with all levels of the business.
• Commercial awareness; good understanding of the retail environment.
• Ability to focus on adding value when prioritising and undertaking tasks.
• Analytically minded with careful attention to accuracy and controls, including reconciliations. The ability to achieve this within tight deadlines in a motivated environment.
• Self-starter and motivated to achieve tight deadlines by being prepared to take the initiative where appropriate and accepting of additional challenges as workload increases.
• Strong IT skills with a good standard in Excel.
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits which include in-store discounts, 24 days holiday, share save, discretionary annual bonus, private medical insurance and company pension scheme you will be working in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.
Home Retail Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.