This job is no longer available
PayPoint, a FTSE 250 company which has enjoyed high growth across the UK and internationally, are now seeking to appoint a UK Financial Controller. PayPoint in the UK processes over £7bn worth of transactions per annum for its blue chip clients including the TV licensing industry, mobile phone and major utility companies.
The PayPoint-branded retail network in the UK includes over 24,000 PayPoint branded terminals in local shops including Co-op, Spar, Nisa, McColls, Costcutter, Sainsbury’s Local, Asda, One Stop, BP, Londis and thousands of independents.
The UK Financial Controller is a pivotal role within the UK retail business in challenging the performance of the business and reporting for financial and management account purposes. The Financial Controller will support the UK Finance Director, Group Finance, and will be involved across the entire UK business.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of 13 people across management accounts, retail debt and procurement;
- Deliver the timely and accurate production of the monthly management accounts pack;
- Analyse and interpret the monthly accounts in order to gain a better understanding of the underlying trends in the business and to drive operational efficiencies and improvements;
- Ensure that the UK reporting and regulatory environment is robust and formal internal controls are in place around the various general ledgers and financial systems;
- Cash management and forecasting, depositing surplus funds,
- Produce corporate tax computations to ensure that effective group tax planning and compliance is maintained;
- Manage the retail debt team to ensure that funds are collected in a timely manner whilst ensuring that retailers are dealt with on a fair and consistent basis;
- Maintain and develop appropriate accounting systems and reporting processes to provide management with relevant and timely financial information for effective decision making;
- Analyse and challenge both financial and non-financial numbers produced and investigate variances;
- Deliver other ad hoc projects as required assisting finance and other departments.
Analytical rigour, unrelenting enquiry, logical deduction, leading to financial insight, focussed on creating value
Objective presentation which focuses on clear, relevant information, based on selected, consistent and accurate measurement of performance.
Measurement skills in the selection of key performance indicators, their definition, consistent and accurate reporting
Financial reporting including International Financial Reporting Standards, dealing with auditors, and corporate governance
Leadership with proven experience in engaging and developing high performing teams
Communication with the ability to influence and engage at the highest levels
The ideal candidate will need to be fully qualified ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with strong reporting knowledge, proven team management skills and experience presenting data in a clear and precise manner to non-financial people.
Due to the level of seniority of this role the person will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form and maintain good working relationships across a fast-paced organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with the desire to develop and progress to more senior roles within the PayPoint Group.
Investigo are working in partnership with Paypoint PLC, all 3rd party CV’s will be forwarded on. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Ben Rowland directly on 01727 884768 or email@example.com