This job is no longer available
By 2030 the UK needs to reduce its carbon emissions by 60% to meet the advice of the Committee on Climate Change. Low Carbon is a renewable energy company, committed to enabling the social change required to create a low carbon future for the UK. Investing in renewable energy power production as an alternative to fossil fuels, Low Carbon aims to offer its shareholders a safe preservation of capital invested in renewable and cleantech projects as well as providing stable returns to help achieve a true low carbon economy.
As a result of the continued growth of the business Low Carbon Ltd is now recruiting for the position of Financial Controller. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful appointee will take responsibility for a wide range of finance-related activities including:
- administration of all financial accounting relating to the cash flow, balance sheets and P&L of both group and project SPV's
- provide both financial and commercial advice to the senior management team and play an active role in the strategic growth and direction of the business
- implementation of effective tax structuring and tax planning strategies
- audit and compliance of all group companies, SPV's and funds
- management of invoicing systems and process
- consolidation of bank accounts for all group companies, SPV's and funds
- implementation of tax compliance - VAT returns, CT returns.
In order to apply for this role you will be a motivated, tenacious and dynamic chartered accountant with some post qualified experience ideally gained within the energy sector (renewables or oil and gas preferred).
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of career progression as well as proven experience of full P&L and cash flow administration, funds management and FSA-related requirements. Knowledge of SPV's is also desirable.
As an individual you will possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to build rapport quickly and develop long-term relationships with all stakeholder groups. Previous experience of people management would also be an advantage.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast paced, dynamic organisation that are committed and passionate about making a positive impact to climate change.