Cheapflights Media is an international media network helping over 11 million visitors a month find top travel deals. Our Cheapflights brand was launched in 1996 and works to deliver the industry's best airfare bargains, expert tips and inspiration.
There are currently Cheapflights sites in the UK, US, Canada, Germany, Australia & New Zealand, France, Italy and Spain. (For more information, visit cheapflights.co.uk). Our newest brand, Momondo, is a leading travel search engine for finding comprehensive worldwide pricing and availability on airfares. Winner of several awards, the site is ideal for users on specific travel schedules. (For more information, visit momondo.com).
The business is currently seeking a Financial Controller to be based in London and to lead Group Reporting and Financial Control. The Financial Controller will report to the CFO and with support of his / her team will provide sound financial information to the board for multiple country areas while contributing to the overall growth plans of the business. They will take responsibility for motivating and developing their team of five alongside improving processes, procedures and systems, and interacting effectively with the wider business.
Responsibilities will include:
- preparation and submission of statutory accounts for all entities within the Cheapflights Media group & preparation of monthly management accounts for the group in line with IFRS
- internal management reporting - monthly Board pack and ad-hoc financial reports
- provision of technical guidance to CFO and Board on financial reporting matters
- management, motivation and development of UK and US Finance teams
- ensuring that accounting systems in use across the Group are providing reliable andaccurate financial data & leading improvement projects
- responsible for financial reporting procedures and group accounting policies
- working with CFO on cost and tax saving opportunities and to ensure that an adequate control structure is in place across the group.
The successful candidate will be an ACA / ACCA Qualified accountant, trained within practice and with at least five years post qualification experience gained within a commercial business environment. An outstanding technical accounting capability encompassing strong IFRS and the ability to demonstrate proven staff management expertise is a pre-requisite. Candidates will be articulate and business orientated with a strong academic track record and excellent attention to detail. This position will suit a motivated individual who is seeking a role in which they can develop and progress within an entrepreneurial and rather unique media business.
For more information, please submit your CV.