Finance Business Partner
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Green Flag Finance Business Partner
Due to continuous internal progression across the team , we have an opportunity for a Finance Business Partner covering our Green Flag / Rescue area on a permanent basis based from our head office in Bromley.
You will take a lead role in engaging with Personal and Commercial Lines' Business Partners and key business stakeholders across our Green Flag / Rescue area to ensure that across all financial statements, the business has the necessary information and advice to ensure alignment of their decision making with the Group's financial objectives, long term value maximisation plans and strategic priorities.
We are looking for someone to provide intelligent insight to aid commercial decision making and support the challenge process using specialist knowledge. You will work flexibly with, and where appropriate manage, other financial analysis resource to ensure that the business' and Finance's priorities are addressed.
What being a Finance Business Partner involves
- To work with Business Partners across Personal / Commercial Lines to ensure that business priorities and issues are understood and to create and present the analysis, information and advice required to drive improved business performance
- Maintain interaction with appropriate business stakeholders to ensure the quality, relevance and commerciality of output
- Develop robust and insightful analysis to support business decision making, including Budgeting and Forecasting, Investment Appraisal and Ad hoc support, e.g. cost analysis, allocation modelling, LTV development, Competition Commission responses.
- Support the business and other Finance colleagues to understand and challenge month end financial performance and on-going KPI trends. Inform, support and challenge the business and other stakeholders to achieve and exceed budgeted commitments
- Where appropriate, manage junior financial analysis resource to support the delivery of output and objectives
- Apply lean principles in the pursuit of improved quality, efficiency and effectiveness sharing best practice across other Business and Operational Finance analytics teams to drive up broader team capability.
Skills we are looking for
- Qualified Accountant
- General Insurance experience is beneficial although not essential
- Prior Financial Services experience
- Commercial Finance understanding
- Strong financial modelling skills and an ability to adopt modelling best practice
- An ability to engage, challenge and interact with senior stakeholders across the business