Internal Audit Senior Consultant
Looking to expand your horizons and grow your skills? Deloitte has a great opportunity for you.
We are currently looking for a driven professional with a strong internal audit and business process improvement experience to join our growing Risk Advisory Services team in Christchurch.
Located on the east coast of New Zealand’s South Island, Christchurch has a world-renowned adventure playground on its doorstep – it is bordered by the Pacific Ocean, beautiful Banks Peninsula and the rich farmlands of the Canterbury Plains. The towering Southern Alps are less than 100 kilometres away and the resort towns of Queenstown, Wanaka and Milford Sound are all within easy reach.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to grow your business, risk, forensic, process improvement and advisory skills within a Big 4 environment with a strong focus on mentoring and team success.
As a Senior Consultant you will work with partners and senior staff on a range of challenging projects to help our clients improve their organisations, helping them identify opportunities to reduce risks, streamline processes and optimise financial and operational performance.
- 3 years’ + experience in Internal and/or External Audit
- Understanding of risk and assurance and the links between the two
- Good knowledge of internal controls and business process improvement
- Strong relationship building, reporting writing and presentation skills
- Ability to lead engagements on client sites and mentor junior staff
- An energetic and proactive attitude
- Excellent time management and written/oral communication skills
- CA/CISA qualified (or equivalent)
- Experience in specialised areas such as fraud/forensic accounting and data analytics is preferable
What do we offer?
- A dynamic and supportive work environment
- A team based high performance culture – where recognising team and individual success is a high priority
- The opportunity to work with fantastic clients from a range of sectors and make an impact on NZ business
- Opportunities and support to progress your career within a global market leading firm.
- A work base in our new state of the art office building in Christchurch
- A chance to contribute to the rebuild and regeneration of one of New Zealand’s fastest growing regions
Deloitte’s mission is to help our clients and our people excel – this means we pride ourselves on our positive high performing workplace culture and invest heavily in developing our people, helping them build careers with Deloitte. On offer for the right candidate are a competitive remuneration and benefits package and fantastic professional learning and development opportunities tailored to you and your career goals.
If interested please apply with your CV & cover letter using the link or alternately call Adriana Hitch on 09 303 0850 for a confidential conversation.
Deloitte New Zealand is the DTTL member firm in New Zealand. Deloitte brings together more than 1000 specialists providing New Zealand's widest range of high quality professional services. We focus on audit, tax, technology & systems, strategy, performance improvements, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensics and accounting services.