2 days left
- Contract Type
Titan Airways, the Airline of Choice are recruiting for a new team member to join the finance team, in a newly created position as Financial Accountant.
Due to successive periods of growth and to meet the ever evolving business and legislative challenges, we are looking for a new team member to join our dynamic business and team. Titan Airways are an independently owned charter and ACMI specialist airline, who have been operating a safe a profitable operation since 1988, featuring on several occasion in the Sunday Times Profit Track 100, as well as being ranked number 37 on this year’s Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200, which ranks Britain’s mid-market private companies with the fastest-growing international sales. The business continues to grow with turnover now approaching £100m and employee numbers increasing to 400 this year, it is an exciting time to join the team at Titan, the proud winners of BACA’s Best Passenger Charter Airline Award on multiple occasions and today has the prestigious reputation of the Airline of Choice for a wide variety of air charter services worldwide.
The role will be based at our head office located at Stansted Airport, reporting to the Financial Controller, working closely alongside the Management and Commercial Accountants. Being a moderate sized business, independently owned, and run with an entrepreneurial spirit you will have direct access to the senior board and the owner and have the opportunity to make a real impact on the business from day one.
The successful candidate will ideally be an ACA/ACCA finalist or newly qualified accountant. You will have strong technical skills and a sound tax knowledge, as well as strong excel skills. You must be proactive, highly organised and a self-starter, with a strong desire for a role in a dynamic commercial organisation.
Whilst the role will include the following responsibilities, as a new role there is also the opportunity for the role to evolve around the right talented individual:
- Work with other finance team members to prepare internal monthly management reporting, and quarterly group consolidation reports for external stakeholders
- Work with Management Accountant in preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and reviews
- Assist in preparation of the annual financial statements, providing technical support, including multi-currency consolidation and hedge accounting
- Prepare notes including supporting documentation for the notes to the financial statements
- Prepare all aspects of corporation tax computations, including quarterly POA estimates
- Manage the Capex process and group asset registers (including tax analysis)
- Work directly with and support the CFO on all aspects of the aviation insurances. Including policy reviews, renewals, specific contract insurance and dealing with queries (training will be provided)
- Support the CFO in aircraft asset lease, purchase/sale and finance transactions
- Work with senior finance team members to improve departmental efficiencies to reduce reporting timelines whilst driving better reporting from the finance function
- Review processes and systems and implement improvements for the growing business
- Help increase the company's financial efficiency and reduce costs
This is an excited opportunity for a talented Newly Qualified Accountant to establish themselves within a dynamic exciting business in an exciting industry, gaining exposure to all aspects of the finance function as well as being well connected to the wider business as a whole.
Please apply with CV and cover letter