Audit and Accounts Semi Senior (South West London)
This is an opportunity to work as an Audit and Accounts Semi Senior at a unique South West London-based firm. They have 6 Partners and offer a range of Audit, Accounts & Tax services alongside Due Diligence and Wealth Management.
- This client is a fast-growing, South West London-based firm. They have 6 Partners and offer a wide range of service across Audit & Accounts, Tax, Entrepreneurial Services, Due Diligence, Financial Planning and Wealth Management.
- They based their values on 6 key pillars; Trustworthiness, Integrity, Courtesy, Service, Ambition & Courage and Discipline.
- They are dedicated to both their employees and their clients and use these pillars in order to constantly push themselves forwards to improve.
- As a firm they also hold annual feedback meetings from which real change is implemented.
- As a business they always want to improve and as a result of this desire to be forward thinking they use modern software such a Xero and Receipt Bank.
- This firm have also won a range of accolades including the Wealth & Money Management Award, Best UK Financial Planners for Capital Gains Tax and Innovation in Automatic Enrolment.
- This is a unique opportunity for an individual to contribute to and learn from a fantastic practice.
- Typical tasks required: sole trader/partnership/statutory accounts preparation from complete and incomplete books and records; corporation tax; some personal tax; audit work - planning, fieldwork and completion; and VAT returns.
- Approximately 50/50 Audit and Accounts
- Working with mixed clients with a focus on SME's.
- 70% corporate clients and 30% NFP and charity.
- Able to form good relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- Working with clients face to face, on the phone and via email.
- Working with colleagues and clients to gather information needed for the preparation of tax returns.
- Part - Qualified or studying for the ACCA
- Currently working in an accountancy firm.
- Competent in preparing accounts (sole trader, partnership and company accounts) to review stage based on incomplete books and records - the interview process will consist of questions to establish the level of competency in accounts preparation from incomplete books and records.
- Experience of audit fieldwork.
- Appreciation of personal tax and the interaction between accounts work and personal tax returns an advantage.
- Ability to work closely with Senior Managers/Managers within the group.
- Strong academic history required and first time passes in all professional exams preferable.
- Exemplary team player with a positive, client focused attitude.
- Working knowledge of CCH, Xero and MS Office products, especially Excel.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills, good spoken and written English are necessary.
- Working to high levels of accurately within defined deadlines.
- Paid study support in accordance with the firm's training policy.
- Salary paid on a monthly basis in accordance with experience and market rate.
- Half yearly bonuses paid at the absolute discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Travel expenses paid in accordance with the firm's travel policy.
- Working hours: 9.00am to 5.30pm.
- 20 days holiday increasing by one day for each additional year of service (to a maximum of 25 days).
- Two successful references required as part of offer.