Senior Business Unit Accountant
VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary civil engineering and construction group providing integrated engineering solutions, is looking for a Senior Business Unit Accountant to join its team in Hoddesdon. The Senior Business Unit Accountant will report to the Group Financial Controller, and will support the VolkerHighways business unit. You will be responsible for managing the production of monthly management accounts and supporting the VolkerHighways commercial teams. This position comes with excellent benefits and opportunity for career progression.
Key responsibilities include:
- supporting the Managing and Commercial Director in reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- improving existing processes by challenging the business unit, ensuring financially robust results
- producing the monthly management accounts and reporting to Group
- producing year-end accounts and managing the audit
- monitoring and managing cash flow and working capital
- managing and coaching staff and accountants for the business unit, including qualified accountants and trainees
- working on ad hoc projects and analysis, as required
The successful candidate should be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant (or overseas equivalent) with proven business analysis skills and experience, driving improvement, benefits and change. The role requires strong leadership and team management skills, and the ability to produce and present high quality monthly reports at Group level.